Prologue

Prologue

Gaston's POV

 I never expected for any of this to happen. I never expected for a Beast to both beat me in combat and win the heart of Belle, me to fall of a cliff practically to my death, to second guess certain aspects of myself, and most importantly... to fall in love with my best friend, my right hand. Thankfully I didn't get cursed like Prince Adam (the Beast, yuck) did by that dreaded witch Agatha but my fate isn't going to be much better. I'm sitting in a dull prison cell waiting for the citizens of the village and council members of the castle to decide my fate, whether or not I'll be banished forever that is. 

   It's all happening so quickly to. I've barely had any time to process everything. What I do know for certain though is that I went from being the most admired man in the village to the most hated one overnight. What I don't know for certain that bothers me the most is where Lefou is. Is he living in the castle now with royalty, allowed to return to the village in exchange for spilling confident information about me, or was he banished before my fate could be decided? There are many possibilities here and I can't lean towards one over the rest. I hate being uncertain, it's so unlike Gaston. 

    I miss Lefou already. I just hope that wherever he is, he's safe. If I find out that any harm has been caused to him, I will break out of this prison cell instantly and kick their rear end. Anyone who has ever caused harm to Lefou has been on the receiving end of my fist or foot in their face. Lefou is an innocent soul who never asked for any of this to happen to him. He could have fled my side long ago but chose to stay loyal to me inside. Do you know how rare that trait is in someone? The answer is extremely rare. There will never be another Lefou in this world. He's the most special human being I've ever met. He deserves much better than the fate I'm bound to receive... he deserves much better than me...

I hope that you guys liked the prologue to this fanfic! :) -Mary