Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Gaston's POV

The next night...

 Thanks to the help of Adam, Belle, Lumiere, Mrs. Potts, Chip, and Cogsworth... we were able to recreate Adam and Belle's iconic ballroom dancing date. This time though, it's for Lefou and I. He doesn't know about it of course, I wanted this to be a complete surprise. I picked out a classy suit for Lefou to wear and one for myself too. I left a note to go with Lefou's suit to meet me here in the ballroom in about a half an hour from now. My nerves are beginning to build up but I'm so excited to share this moment with my fiance. 

Half an hour later...

 Lefou struts into the ballroom looking as handsome as ever. The ballroom also looks stunning thanks to the decorating skills of our dear friends and castle mates. Lefou looks around and gasps. "G-Gaston, what's all of this for?" I smirk at him. "For our date tonight. Our dear friends and castle mates help me put all of this together to surprise you. I also know that you love to dance but don't get to do it often. With that being said..." I extend my hand for him to take. "Would you care to dance with me Lefou?" He grins from ear to ear and gladly takes my hand. The music begins playing in the background and we move perfectly in sync with each other. 

Tale as old as time
True as it can be
Barely even friends
Then somebody bends
UnexpectedlyJust a little change
Small to say the least
Both a little scared
Neither one preparedBeauty and the beastEver just the same
Ever a surprise
Ever as before and ever just as sure as the sun will riseEver just the same
Ever a surprise
Ever as before
Ever just as sure
As the sun will riseTale as old as time
Tune as old as song
Bittersweet and strange
Finding you can change
Learning you were wrongCertain as the sun
Certain as the sun
Rising in the east
Tale as old as time
Song as old as rhyme
Beauty and the beastTale as old as time
Song as old as rhyme
Beauty and the beastBeauty and the beast

   No one tries to steal the spotlight from us and I'm grateful for that. Adam and Belle had their moment in the spotlight and this is our turn. Quite frankly, we worked a lot harder to get to this moment than they did. I care about them both dearly but I can't ignore the fact that they rushed a bit into their relationship. When the moment is over, I gaze into Lefou's eyes intensely. His gaze mirrors my own and gives me permission to lean down to kiss him. Our lips move in sync too and we have what easily may be our most magical kiss yet. Our friends actually applaud us. We both bow politely before going back to dancing the night away. We dance long into the night and it's Lumiere that ends up blowing out the candles at nearly three in the morning, which is only fitting for him given that he was a candlestick for quite some time. 

     Lefou and I walk back to my room like the two lovestruck men we are. I scoop him up bridal style and gently lift him into my bed. I plop down beside him and the two of us cuddle until we fall asleep in each other's arms. What a perfect night this was. 

I hope that you guys liked this chapter! :) -Mary