Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Gaston's POV

 The next morning...

  Adam has decided to take a day off from classes which is fine with me honestly. I guess even the loyal teacher needs a break occasionally. I'm currently in the library with Lefou watching him read a classic French novel titled "The Count of Monte Cristo." It's apparently about about an innocent man that was wrongly imprisoned and how he seeks revenge on those betrayed him. That's the basic gist of it. It sounds interesting enough that I would actually consider reading it myself after Lefou is finished doing so. Belle has actually been teaching me some reading pointers off and on over the last few days. Her pointers were very helpful as expected. 

    Lefou looks incredibly sexy when he's intently focused on a novel before him. I love watching his eyes navigate both the pictures and words engraved in the book, hearing the crisp sound the pages make as he turns each one. Lefou eventually catches me staring at him and blushes. "What are you staring at Gaston?" I bluntly say "You", which causes him to blush even more. "W-Why are you looking at me?" I smile softly. "You're a work of art Lefou, why wouldn't I want to gaze upon you?" He closes his book for a moment and pats the spot next to him. I plop down beside him and wrap an arm around him. He leans his head onto my shoulder which soon falls onto my chest. 

       He's looking up into my eyes and I'm looking down into his. As I often do, I study every feature on his face and soak his beauty in before leaning down to kiss him. When our lips connect yet again, I'm filled with pure love in my heart and soul. I've never felt so much love for another human being in my entire life. When we pull apart, I smile at him. "I think when you're done reading that book, I'm going to try doing so myself. I want to take interest in your interests as well as my own." He grins from ear to ear. "Really? That would be wonderful! I talk about books with Belle but I'd love to be able to do it with my boyfriend as well. If you get really into reading, we could have a book club with Belle. Adam reads a bit too and he could even come along. It could be a nerdy version of a double date." 

        I chuckle at how adorable Lefou's excitement over forming a potential book club. "That would be an interesting experience for sure." Lefou spends the next two hours talking my ear off about books that he's read and loved. Even though I don't understand everything that he's telling me, he's kind enough to give me more insight when needed. He doesn't judge me in the slightest for not being as book smart as he is. That's yet another trait that I find so endearing about him. He never looks down on anyone period. He's literally the dream man and I love that he's mine. 

I hope that you guys liked this chapter! :) -Mary