Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Gaston's POV

  Lefou and I walk into the dining room for dinner hand in hand, which earns us a lot of stares from the kitchen staff, members of the royal court, etc. Even Belle and Prince Adam stare at us with their jaws slack. It's quite evident that everyone is in shock about our gesture of public affection. Belle is the first one to break the silence. "Gaston, Lefou, it's so wonderful that you both were able to make it to dinner despite being a few minutes late." I blush a bit. "I'm sorry about that. Lefou and I were both resting and we clearly overslept." Prince Adam smirks. "At least you both finally got some sleep. Gaston, you looked like shit this morning in class."

     I playfully flip him off when no one is looking and he roars with laughter. "Gaston, if you were like this before, I bet you and I would have been good friends." "Surprisingly, I agree." The light banter continues between the two of us for a bit while Belle and Lefou discuss books they're both excited to read in the library together soon. It's sweet that Lefou can bond with someone over books like he can with Belle. This is going to sound crazy, but I actually can picture Adam and I eventually becoming good friends, bonding over many manly activities such as hunting. *Sighs* I miss hunting... now's my chance to slip the subject into the conversation. "Adam, would it be possible for me to go hunting again soon?" 

      Adam nods. "I don't see why not though you have to stay on the grounds of the castle and the surrounding woods. You'll have limits as to how far you can go." I nod in approval. "That's fair, thank you. Hunting was one of my favorite hobbies back in the village, it's one of the few things that I had in common with my father when I was little." Adam frowns a bit. "I know a bit too much about your father... I'm very sorry about how corrupt he became Gaston." A loud sigh escapes me this time. "It's not your fault but thank you. The past is the past though and I want to keep moving forward. You know?" He looks at me sincerely and says "I know." 

        When Belle and Lefou stop talking, both of them shift their attention towards us. A lump forms in my throat as I realize what I have to do, what Lefou and I need to do. I motion for Lefou to stand up with me and he does. I take his hand in mine once again and muster up my confident persona. "I know many of you are wondering about the relationship between Lefou and I. Lefou has been my best friend and closest comrade for many years now... but recently, he's become even more to me believe it or not. I've fallen in love with him and vice versa. Lefou is my boyfriend and I'm very happy about this. I hope all of you will be accepting of our relationship, which involves an equal amount of romantic and sexual feelings between the two of us."

      The momentarily quiet dining room then turns into a rowdy one, but not in a bad way. Rather, every single person gets on their feet and applauds us... we're receiving a standing ovation from the most powerful people in Villeneuve. This brings to tears to my eyes and warmth to my cold heart which is becoming more whole with each passing day. These redemption classes and living full time in the castle have done me a lot of good already in just the span of a few days. I thought it was going to be a curse to be here but rather it's been the biggest blessing of my life so far. If I wasn't here, I never would have realized that my one true love has been right in front of me for several years now. 

I hope that you guys liked this chapter! :) -Mary