New Figure

Aaliyah

"Sure you're okay?" Wes picks me up.

I smile and wrap my arms around his neck. "I'm just afraid to leave my mom"

"We're only down the road, beautiful" he looks down at me, smiling and kissing my temple. "If you're rethinking anything-"

"No no! We've been together for five years! It's time we get out on our own" I kiss him.

He kisses back.

The best feeling in the world is his lips.

and of course hi-

"I'm gonna be lost without Parker and Lorenzo" he puts me down.

I shake my head. "Nope, we don't have enough space for them" I put my hand up, making him laugh. "The rooms are for our future kids and I cannot take a Lorenzo and Parker. Plus, I want the house to just us" I smirk.

"You naughty thing" he playfully rolls his eyes.

"What? The alone time is amazing"

"We both know you weren't talking about that" he laughs, pulling my waist against him.

I smile as I feel his heartbeat.

"Looking nice" Parker walks in with Lorenzo and mom.

"I can't believe you're not letting us stay with you! You're not gonna have two whole ass kids in like years so we can take the rooms!" Lorenzo groans.

Then Parker gasps. "Unless you're PREGNANT!" he points at us.

Wes and I roll our eyes.

"It's beautiful in here, you two. All of the construction and sawdust in our eyes have come together! The decorations are gorgeous" mom smiles.

 All of the construction and sawdust in our eyes have come together! The decorations are gorgeous" mom smiles

"Thank you" Wes and I smile.

"Are you staying for dinner?" I ask as I hold Wes's arm.

"I'm sorry love, I can't. I'm going on a date tonight-"

"What?" I let go of Wes.

"I didn't mean to s-"

"You have a date? With who?" my voice cracks.

"I'm sorry... I meant to tell you, but I wanted to see how things went before I did. He's my co worker and his name's Tanner. He really makes me happy, Aaliyah" mom frowns as if I'll be disappointed.

And, I was at first.

But seeing how guilty she is...

she needs this.

"Oh fuck" Parker and Lorenzo drop their jaws.

"As long as he makes you happy, mom. I want the best for you, I mean, it's been like more than ten years. I want you to be happy" I hug her.