FIFTY TWO !

"you left?!" max exclaimed, pacing back and forth in the hope he could figure out some sort of master  plan to refuel the love harvey and stella once had.

harvey had returned from his trip to london miserable. he himself had shed a few tears during the ride home and then didn't hesitate to vent to his twin brother as soon as he fell through the front door; broken.

"for the fifth time, max, yes. i left."

"well, why the fuck would you do that?" max yelled, his arms flailing around in the air in distress.

max had always been the one hoping for romance between harvey and stella and was glad when it happened. he was fed up of seeing harvey go for the same girls that always treated him with no respect. thats why when stella came along, he tried his hardest to fuel the romance he knew deep down was destined to happen. now, however, his hope was falling apart as he watched his brother let the love of his life slip through his fingers.

"she needed space," harvey explained. he watched as max's face shifted from frustrated to surprised — and maybe even a little hurt.

"so, what? you're both giving up on this relationship?"

"we aren't giving up, max. i fucked up," harvey began. max stared at his twin brother, dumbfounded. "i fucked up real fucking bad and i don't know how to deal with that except to give her time to think! i've apologised and that's all i can do, there's no time machine for me to step into that can take me back to new years and prevent me from kissing jess, is there? no, there isn't! and so all i have to do left is wait until stella reaches a conclusion and hopefully forgives me!" harvey ranted, his pain mingling with his words. harvey's face had been washed with a slight red tinge by this point, flustered and enraged with his sorrow was knitted above his eyebrows.

max felt for his brother, truly, but he felt he was being completely ridiculous. the ball was evidently in harvey's court, he just didn't know it. but max did, and he knew if he didn't help his brother harvey would lose the only person in the world that would love him unconditionally.

"harvey, the way i see it you have two options here," max said, clearing his throat, "you can either sit around here moping for the rest of your life, or you can go back over there and grovel your ass off to prove to stella that you love her and aren't giving up on her as much as you are right now!"

harvey stared at his twin in shock. he didn't understand how max and become so educated in the art of love but he appreciated it as it was exactly what he needed to hear in this very moment. there was not a single doubt in harvey's mind any longer.

he knew what he had to do.