CHAPTER - ONE

"We could... We could run away together," He whispered glancing down at the girl in his arms. "We could move to Canada... We could live the life that we always wanted-"

"With what money? Look I want this to work out as well but we don't have the money and-"

"I've been saving up," He murmured sheepishly never meeting her gaze. "Look I know we're young and I know it'll be hard to find a job but I want to be with you,"

"Me too but we have to think logically what about our families what about-"

"Screw them... They don't care about us if we have to keep this secret because they'll be angry-"

"Sweet Pea it's not like that, they're my mom, my dad," Y/N mumbled through a sigh. "I still love them even if they are strict,"

"My dad is nothing but more weight on my shoulders," The raven-haired man sighed running a hand down his face. "Maybe I'm just afraid of someone finding out-"

"We'll do this someday... In a year when we go off to college we can move away and be together then," She tried to reassure him but the look on his face showed that he wasn't having any of it.

"That's too long," The serpent groaned shifting from below her. "It's too uncomfortable in here,"

"I know but the grass is covered in snow," Y/N mumbled through a sigh getting off of Sweet Pea so that he could sit properly in the seat. They were in the back of his truck, well his father's truck in which he didn't use anymore.

"We could live in here," He murmured through a laugh. "And I could quit the serpents and we can be together-"

"Sweet Pea shut the fuck up," Y/N shushed him putting a finger to his lips. "We don't have to change for this we just have to wait for the right time,"

"I know," The raven-haired man sighed pushing a loose strand of her hair behind her ear. "Maybe I'm just eager to show everyone that you're mine,"

"Soon," She whispered connecting their lips through a smirk. "Soon,"

"I'm sick of hiding this," Sweet Pea whispered against her lips, breathing fanning her face. "I'm sick of hiding my love for you screw the Northside screw the Southside,"

"It's hard for me to hide my feelings for you too Sweet Pea but we've been over this before," She sighed through a groan. "If only things were different... If only things were different,"

Y/N walked into school the next day with a smile across her lips, everything seemed to be going her way. She did well on a test and got to see Sweet Pea right before schoolm Though she missed him she couldn't help yet to feel excited to see him after school.

He glanced at her in the hall as they walked by each other. Oh, boy, was it going to be a long day. After that, everything went by in a blur as it was a few minutes before the last hour and her excitement was bubbling up.

"Hey Y/N surprise practice tonight because Cheryl showed up she felt better," Betty explained coming up beside Y/N's locker and that's when everything came crashing down at that moment.

That meant her and Sweet Pea's plans were ruined.

"Cool," Y/N mumbled through a small smile quickly pulling out her phone and sending Sweet Pea a quick text though once she turned around she ran into a toned chest.

"Hey Y/N," Chuck whispered glancing down at her. "You're a tramp,"

"I know... I guess that's why you like bugging me so much," She whispered through a laugh trying not to let his words affect her but this type of thing happened every single day... Another reason she and Sweet Pea wanted to leave Riverdale. Quickly Y/N turned around and gave him the middle finger.

This town was toxic.

"I can't sit here and watch him pick on you every day," Sweet Pea sighed, not liking the smell of chemicals in the janitor's closet. "I wish I could-"

"You're not... It's fine Sweets anyways I'm sorry we can't hang out tonight," She sighed, never meeting his eyes. "Friday I'll be free though,"

"I was thinking the same thing," He smirked and that's how suddenly Y/N's excitement changed all the way to Friday.

Cheerleading practice was the usual, she went to the gym for an hour and went home and got in the shower, however, once she got out of the shower she gasped at who she saw.

"What the hell are you doing here?" She asked Sweet Pea through wide eyes. "My parents they're right downstairs I-"

"Relax they'll never know I'm here," He reassured as she jumped into her bed with him not before turning off the light.

That night Y/N slept better than she ever thought was possible, though in the back of her mind she knew that this would all end soon. That it was too good to be true.

"What the he are we going to do?" Sweet Pea questioned once he realized the depth of their situation. "This is fucking-"

"They're not going to find it and even if anyone does I'm willing to get kicked off the Vixens for you," Y/N reassured stroking up and down his shoulder.

"I won't let you," He growled trying to pry he'd off of him though she didn't budge. "Cheryl's playing a dangerous game and I'm not looking to get involved,"

"She just thinks the serpents are bad and they aren't," Y/N mumbled through a sigh. "She's just a north side girl-"

"Oh and what does that make you?" He questioned through a smirk suddenly going against his own words arms being found around her waist gripping it tightly.

"It makes me Switzerland... I'm always in between," And that's when lazily her arms traveled around his shoulders as she hugged him tightly. "Please promise me that we'll make this work... That this won't change things between us,"

"I promise," However for the next few days school was a living hell...

No more janitors closet, no more sneaking out of class, no longer stares in the hallway... Not with Cheryl's goons everywhere... Not with the Ghoulies everywhere.

They were lovers that craved each other and simply couldn't feed that craving. Their feelings for one another should have been depleting yet they were gradually growing.

Cheryl and the cheerleaders being against the Ghoulies and the whole south side left Y/N acting like she was still fighting for the Northside when in reality she didn't care about either side.

Then there were the Ghoulies always scoping out their next target to hurt the serpents or just the southside in general. Surely if they caught a whiff of Y/N and Sweet Pea they'd surely target her. That was the last thing either of them wanted knowing what kind of damage could be done.

That would also mean that everyone knows about their relationship which isn't an option. No one can know, not the Ghoulies, not Cheryl, not even Y/N's parents, they would all judge her, bully her, or worse… Murder her.

Even if school judged her at home Y/N would still be left with the problem of her parents.