Pets?!

The sun shone brightly through the window of Finneas's room while y/n, Billie and Finn were working on a new song. The sunshine lifted everybody's spirits. It was a beautiful day but they had to finish up a song.

y/n pov 

I couldn't wait for us to complete this damn song. It's taking forever. I have finally plucked up the courage to ask Billie for something and I had to wait till we were done with this song. 

I have wanted to tell her this for quite some time now but had always thought that she would not agree. I wanted to ask for a new pet. A dog to be exact. I know she is an animal lover and all, but, we already have Pepper and Misha. They are quite a handful of work so I don't think she'll agree. Basically, I have been in a huge dilemma for the past two months on whether I should ask or not.

*time skip to completing the song*

y/n pov 

"Yassssss!! We're finally done with this fucking songgggg!!" Billie exclaimed when we finally finished everything. "I'm starving, it's 3pm and we all haven't eaten since breakfast!! WHERE'S MA BURRITO??!!" Billie then jokingly added.

I didn't say anything as I was soooo nervous. I did manage to tell Finneas, "I need to tell Bil something, you can go first." I waited for finn to leave the room and then I turned to Billie...

Listen, I know you think I'm probably over reacting, but I'm not a courageous person. It would literally take me forever to pluck up some courage to do something easy.

... I took a deep breath and said, " Billie, you probably won't agree, but, I've been thinking of getting a new dog—

I didn't even finish when Billie shouted, "REALLY!? ME TOO!!" I almost jumped out of my skin. Billie pulled me into a tight hug. ( she's the one over reacting now. )

When we finally calmed down, she told me, " I have been wanting one for so long but I thought you wouldn't let me."

After all, we had the same idea. "How I wish I could have asked earlier, my coward ass wouldn't let me. I thought you were gonna kick me out of the house or something." I joked.

After a while, both of us decided to adopt a dog from West Los Angeles Shelter where we donated to earlier this year. Adopting will not only save a life but it will also help stop animal cruelty in mass breeding facilities! It was the perfect idea! 

Not long after, we were off to the shelter. 

*time skip to reaching shelter*

Upon reaching the shelter, we saw a large sign board that read, "West Los Angeles Animal Shelter". Billie and I walked into the main building and it was full of dogs that were wagging their tails at our arrival as if they knew us. When we stepped into the shelter, we knew we would be spoilt for choice as both of us were huge animal lovers.

We told the woman at the shelter that we wanted a puppy so she brought us to the area of the shelter that housed puppies. Both of us walked down the isles together slowly, taking our time talking and playing with the poor homeless pups. 

We then stumbled upon a three-legged jack Russell puppy. It was simply love at first sight. We went towards it and it stuck its little nose through the bars of its playpen. This was it. We were adopting him no matter what.

Soon, we were filling in adoption forms for our new best friend. Billie and I left after the paperwork was done. Bil was driving, I was in the passenger seat beside her and in the backseat sat our new companion. We couldn't wait to go home and introduce him to Pepper and Misha. While driving home, we thought about names for the new pup.

We ended up choosing 'Wishbone' as his name. It just suited him perfectly. 

When we finally arrived at billie's home, Finneas opened the door and saw Wishbone in our my hands. "Surprise!!! Look what we got!" We shouted.

 His jaw dropped. "Are you kidding? Why didn't you tell me? I thought y'all were going to get some burritos and ended up with a dog??" He asked, shock in his voice.

We all started laughing hysterically. Everybody was super nice to Wishbone. Pepper isn't a social dog but surprisingly got along with Wishbone very well. We ended the day with burrito delivery and a walk with Wishbone and Pepper.

🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶

===========================================================================

We know we suck at endings. This one had a VERY abrupt ending... lmao

On a serious note though, this was written to promote animal adoption instead of buying them as you may never know if it had came for a puppy mill or breeding facilities that abuse animals.

So, if you can, please adopt instead of buying.

It will help a lot. :)