Tourettes

Requested by @MBMSJD 

===========================================================================

y/n pov 

Today, Billie and I will be going to an award show together with her brother and our proud parents. I was really excited for the red carpet event as I have never been to one before.

I stepped into the passenger seat of Bil's car. This was a very important event as there will be a lot of famous actors and artists. I couldn't wait! I could tell that Billie was nervous as she didn't talk to me like she usually does. When Billie was nervous, she would play with her fingers, stay quiet and keep on swallowing her saliva. I knew her well and noticed these signs straight away.

"Baby, are you ok? You seem a little nervous." I asked when we stopped at a traffic light.

"Y-yea I'm just nervous." She said, swallowing again.

"It's ok, it's normal to feel nervous. Just think about the awards you will be getting!" I tried to comfort her. She didn't reply, instead, she just nodded her head softly.

*time skip to arriving*

When we finally arrived, we were welcomed with a swarm of interviewers and paparazzis shoving and pushing each other, trying to come as close to us as possible. We were then bombarded with questions from the interviewers. We didn't answer them. A middle-aged looking woman walked up to us and led us to the red carpet. 

While the magazine people were shouting at us to face the right, face the left, bla bla bla, I wasn't paying attention to Billie.

After the red carpet, it was time for the award ceremony. We were ushered by the same lady into a huge hall with a large stage at the front. There were many seats. The lady brought us to a seat near the stage but not directly in front of the stage, we were a few rows away from the stage. 

Somewhere in the middle of the ceremony, the host was announcing the best female singer, "And the Best Female Singer is... BILLIE EILISH!!!"

"Whooooooo Whooooo!!" Everybody cheered and clapped, including me. Billie walked up to the stage, not saying anything, just smiling slightly. Something was wrong, I knew she was nervous, but usually, she wouldn't be nervous when she's going to receive an award! It was only today that she seemed so off. 

Billie completed her speech and walked back to our seat.

*time skip to after the event*

After the event, there was a party/celebration that Billie was looking forward to earlier today. "Let's go to the party, the other artists will be there!" I exclaimed, excitedly.

"Nah." She replied. I was very worried now. What was wrong?? Was it me? Maybe she's on her period and just moody. But it couldn't be! She was so excited earlier today! Plus, if she's on her period, she would have told me! I was starting to worry even more.

"Huh?! I thought you said you were looking forward to the celebration at the end of the event?" I asked.

"I'm just tired. Let's go." She responded.

"Ok.." I trailed off, not knowing what to say. I was confused as we had a great night's sleep yesterday and it wasn't late. It was only 7pm!

I was staying over at Billie's house like I usually do. It has became my second home ever since we first met. Sometimes she would come over to my house, but no matter what, we spent all our nights together. 

When we arrived at bil's house, she went straight into the bathroom not saying a word. I followed behind her. She changed into her sleeping clothes. We didn't eat dinner yet and usually, she would complain that she was hungry, instead, she continued keeping quiet and brushed her teeth. While we were brushing our teeth in front of the mirror, I saw her eyes getting glossy and red. She looked like she was holding back a tsunami of tears.

After that, we went into her room and she still didn't say anything.

"What's wrong, baby?" I inquired gently. 

"I-I..." she tried to form a sentence but got cut off by her tears streaming uncontrollably streaming down her cheeks. 

"It's ok. Calm down and we'll talk." I said, while I put my hand on her shoulder and rubbed it tenderly. 

When she finally calmed down after a while, she explained that during the red carpet, she had a really, really bad tic attack because of her nerves and one of the magazine people shouted at her : 'WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?' She said that it made her very embarrassed and felt horrible after that. And she couldn't stop thinking about it. Suddenly, it felt as if my heart sank into a sea of guilt for not paying attention to her. "I'm so sorry.. I didn't pay attention to you at the red carpet... but, I know how embarrassed you feel. Don't think about it too much as you can't really do anything about it anymore. It's totally not your fault that he shouted at you. You can't help your tics. That guy was a total bitch to shout that. I'm so sorry." I explained, apologising.

"Th-thanks for making me feel better.. I'm tired, let's s-sleep." She said between choked sobs.

"Okie, next time, make sure you tell me what happened okay? I don't want your feelings to burden you." I explained before we both fell asleep.