Chapter 9: It's Not Like We Were Eavesdropping

= Haruhi's POV =

I saw Hatsuyo-san drag that idiot to my Grandfather's.

And okay, I admit. I was worried.

He looked back to us and gave us a nod as if it will be fine.

Is this idiot acting himself to look cool? I thought.

Miyuki-chan nod to him and I did the same but knowing my Grandfather, he might scare the hell out of that idiot. So I gave him my deluxe don't-let-yourself-get-killed-or-I'll-kill-you-commanding-glare.

Then, he went off.

"Should we follow them?" Miyuki-chan suggested after she closed the door. "And you know, listen on what they're gonna talk about?"

It is rude to listen to someone else's conversation but the hell with that!

"Let's go then!" I agreed.

We went crept slowly to the room where that idiot was taken. We saw Hatsuyo-san just exit the door. We quickly hid by the pillar on the other side of the hallway.

"Haruhi-sama, Miyuki-san, what are you doing?" A voice behind us nearly cause us to fall.

"Oh, it's just you." Miyuki-chan said to Keima-san while pulling him with us behind the pilar.

"Keep quiet." I made a ssshh gesture with my hand.

Keima is a guy about our age. Has neatly combed and trimmed black hair, skinny and has a distinguished mole on the tip of his nose. He wears a black suit like his brother Rei.

He was carrying a shopping bag full of sweet treats and drinks, probably for my bratty younger siblings.

"So that's why you're not by the twins side." Miyuki-chan pointed at the shopping bag with her voice lowered. "They sent you on an errand so that they can roam free."

"Wait, don't tell me they shot an arrow to another guest again?" He said.

"Sshh.." I hushed them again. "I need to get near that room.

"We could go to the room next to it so that we can hear everything." Miyuki-chan said. "We need to distract Grandmother first."

Through the hallway are rooms connected by sliding door walls are called the Zodiac Rooms. These room are used for parties in our household. The room the idiot and my Grandfather are in is called the Dragon Room. Next to it is the Snake Room. If we can slip pass through Hatsuyo-san, we can hide in the Snake Room.

"You distract her, Ibuku." Miyuki-chan commanded Keima-san.

"It's Ibuki, Ibuki Keima. You never get it right and if you excuse me." Keima-san walks away. "I need to bring these to Natsume-sama and Fuyuki-sama."

Miyuki-chan grabs his shoulders and push him towards Hatsuyo-san. Keima-san fell in front of Hatsuyo-san and all of the sweets and drinks scattered on the floor.

"Be careful, child." Hatsuyo tried to pick-up some of the sweets. "Are these for the twins? They should always eat healthier food."

"Now's our chance." Miyuki whispered.

We stealthily run and entered the room.

"Over here." Miyuki-chan tries to stick her ear to a sliding door wall.

I followed and did the same.

What we heard is this:

"Asking my granddaughter's hand in marriage clearly gave us message. You're stepping in to take away Haruhi-chan from us."