Chapter 25: Grocery Havoc

= Ken's POV =

After that uh- incident. We finally reached the supermarket.

Yui also joined us because she was also need to replenish her food supply.

"Wow, these ingredients are cheap!" Haruhi-chan said in amazement.

"Is this your first time here?" Yui asked. "Are you from a super rich family?"

"Well..." Haruhi-chan choked.

"She never tried before to get the groceries." Miyuki answered for her. "Mostly it's me who buys the food or the other serv- uh, I meant our housemates."

"Oh, so you two live in a boarding house?" Yui said. "Is it a place for super models?"

Miyuki and Haruhi-chan both say "Yes" and "No" in unison.

"Eh?" Yui's expression turned to are-you-two-hiding-something kind of look.

Miyuki and Haruhi-chan looked at each other.

"Ah, I'm not a model or something." Haruhi-chan said. "I never ever did something like that."

"Yeah." Miyuki said. "She's quite shy most of the time."

"Oh okay." Yui said. "But why were you wearing a kimono last time? And didn't you went at his flat to talk about the photo shoot?"

Oh, I forgot I lied about Haruhi-chan being a workmate last time.

"Well uh-" Haruhi-chan choked again.

"You see..." Miyuki pressed in. "Haruhi-chan here wanted to confess to no-good Kentaro-kun over here. But got cold feet and ran away with embarrassment. Then Kentaro-kun fell for Haruhi-chan and got to a relationship and eventually are now engaged. But Haruhi-chan's parents are against their relationship but Kentaro-kun fought for her!"

Miyuki fabricated our story too close to real life. But meh.

"Ain't that a bit of cliché like a stereotypical love stories in dramas?" Yui pointed.

All of us went silent.

"Of course I was joking." Miyuki then said. "Why don't we split into two groups! I'll go with Yui-chan!"

Yui just nodded and ran away with Miyuki.

Few moments later, our shopping cart is full of ice cream and canned curry.

"None of these are on the list." I said.

"Yes it is." Haruhi-chan said. "Oh, we forgot the seafood flavor!"

"No we don't!" I grabbed Haruhi-chan's collar to avoid her from running off to the canned goods section.

"Yes we do!" She tries to break free. "All on this cart are meat flavor!"

"That's not the point, we need eggs, vegetables and meat items!" I said.

She then stopped and looked at me.

"Please." She said while making a cute face.

"That won't work." I said.

"Tsk." She hissed.

"Look, we return some of these canned curry  and buy the items on the list and I'll cook you something." I said. "Got it."

"Fine." Haruhi-chan said.

"Oh my, looks like you two are ready to be a real husband and wife!" Miyuki appeared behind me.

"Shut up!" Haruhi-chan and I said in unison.