Chapter 1

Sophia's head jolted up as the bell rang. Pain filled her head as the ruckus around her started. The migraines and nausea had been worsening lately. It was hard to deal with them but it was better to deal with withdrawal than to submit to the cravings of heroin. She remembered the blissful high of her first time but she got a hard dose of reality when her adventures around chasing that fix, ended with her cousin dead. Sophie was headed to her next class but collided with a dark-haired boy.

"Hey!" she exclaimed in anger.

"Shit!" He muttered.

He picked up her supplies and handed her everything. She noticed that he was olive-skinned and definitely new.

Her anger had subsided now and she was now filled with curiosity, "Are you new?"

"Yeah, my name is Daniel Vasquez."

"Sophia Williams." She said, offering a hand, "What town did you move from?"

"I've actually been in grey-town for a few years now, but I was homeschooled until now. My parents thought it would be best if I went to public school for my senior year."

"Oh, that's cool..." Sophia didn't know what to say, she was already late for class and wasn't good with conversation. She normally stuck to her two good friends, Alexis and Mary, and talked to almost no one else.

"Well, I'd better get to class." He said, "Nice to meet you, Sophie."

Daniel felt sick to his stomach. Another vision filled his eyes. A woman around the age of 20 taking a knife to her wrists and letting herself bleed to death. She resembled Sophia but looked older and had defined facial lines from stress. The woman could be related to Sophia or possibly a future her. The visions were never extremely clear. Daniel had learned that the best way to cope with them was to ignore them. If he told someone, like he had his father, he would most likely be considered psychotic.

He ducked into the bathroom and sideswiped a tall boy.

"Watch it, new boy!" The boy quipped.

Daniel sighed. Was everyone at this school a dick? His vision had fleeted in this moment but the memory returned quickly. Daniel dived for a stall and dry heaved into the toilet. During his retch, a boy and girl had entered the restroom. Ducking out of the stall, he raised a brow.

"Eh-em?" He coughed, startling the kissing couple.

"I can tell you're new so I'll spare you this time. My name is Ben Mendes and this place is mine from 4th to 5th period. So get out or I'll thrash you." Ben explained in a cool, but serious tone.

Daniel gave in to his demands and left. There was no point in making enemies during his first week.

Ben smirked at Charlotte. He was the boss at this school though he mostly only threatened others. She knew he was the king and she was his queen. Not queen of the school but queen between the sheets. Every Thursday they snuck into the boys' bathroom during 4th period to makeout. Sometimes it led to a blowjob or sex and those days were Ben's favorite. He felt able to be out of control when he was with her. Charlotte loved pleasing him and was amazing at it. Ben would never let her reign at school.

Charlotte felt him push against her and kiss her neck. She was never in control at school. At Trenton high she was known as 'Ben's girl' and that's it. It was hard but it was better than not having someone to protect her. Protect her from the watching eyes that used to roam her bedroom window.

Charlotte decided at that moment that she wanted control this time. She pushed him away from her and for a moment he looked angry with her until she grabbed him and pushed him back.