~14 {Rhodes}

BACK BITCHES AHAHA IM SORRY

Okay so basically I've read my whole story and I've seen that I've pushed too much with the whole reader x Arthur and taking it too quickly, I'm changing That lol.

"Who were those mean men?" Jack asked innocently as he handed me his fishing rod for me to pack away, I lift him up onto my horse pulling myself up too, "No one Jack, let's just hope you never seen them again." I say reassuringly, Jack nods and holds onto the neck on my horse, slowly smoothing her silky mane. I smile warmly and ride off back to camp, eager to tell Dutch the news.

I trot up the dirt path towards the tall luminous trees and into the hidden camp, unseen by civilisation. "Welcome back you two! How was it?" Abigail walks over quickly hugging jack, She noticed I looked off, "Did something happen." She whispers as Jack walks off freely to get a reading lesson by Hosea. "Yes, I need to talk to Dutch." I say with a tone of seriousness as I walk past her directly to Dutch's tent.

He was sat on the bed while Molly was led down, music was playing loudly making my ears bleed. I abruptly turn it off gaining the attention of Dutch, "Whats all the fuss?" He asks shutting his book. "I bumped into these two men One of them was I don't know, agent Ross? And the other guy was..well I can't remember his name." I say walking backwards and forwards in front of Dutch who looked puzzled, "God damn those bastards again! What did they say to you?" Dutch asked, "They said they would offer me my freedom if I gave you up, they also said they are coming here in two days with a bunch of men."

"Why didn't you take that offer?" Dutch asked, I laughed, "You kidding, I wouldn't do that Dutch." I say honestly, "You've only been with us a couple of days, you should've." Dutch answered back, texting my loyalty. I shrugged, "Guess you know I'm the loyal type then." I looked over to Micah, something's up with him. "I guess I do, thanks. I'll talk to Hosea and see where we'll go next, don't wanna continue heading east but we may have to. You might hear me and Hosea arguing about that later." He answers with his head in his hands. "You'll figures it out Dutch, Arthur says you always do." I laugh as I walk off.

"What was that about?" John walked up to me, his scars seem to be clearing up from what he told me happened not too long ago in the mountains with a issue with hungry wolves. At least he got a story to tell. "We're moving camps, some agents talked to me." I say to him, "Oh...right. Wanna go down town? It's quite far away but it's a decent little place." John asked kindly waiting for an answer as he cleans his gun. "Sure, why not?" I say, Johns face lightens up as he walks towards his horse, me doing the same.

"You lead the way cowboy." I joke, John shakes his head laughing, he rides off down the path to the open world, "We'll be back in a day or two!" John shouts, I turn back to look at the camp, Arthur. He was stood in the middle of the path like a stone, his face fell as he watched us ride off into the distance. I think about asking John if he could come but I've heard from Mary Beth that the two don't get along that well. He'll be fine, it's only a day.

We talk and joke on the way to this new town, "So, what's going on with you and Arthur? You don't seem so friendly." I ask, "I could say the same about you and Arthur." John smirks, "If you're talking about that kiss well we were both drunk, you can understand that surely. He even came up to me the next day apologising because he wasn't in the right mindset." I respond. John nods his head,

"Well, the thing is. I've made some mistakes in my past. Me and Arthur were like brothers we've known each other for a long time. I wish I could still call him my brother but, don't think that'll happen. I left the gang, my wife and jack for a goddamn year. Arthur still won't forgive me but do I blame him? No. Hosea tried to reason with him, everyone has but nothing works. He holds a grudge on me and I know well I deserve it. Ha, he still thinks I'm Dutch's favourite!" John speaks shocking me of how close they used to be, it's sad how strong bonds can break so easily.

"John I...you did wrong yes but, but Arthur should find it in his heart to forgive you." I say looking into the distance, the grass started to turn more healthy and bright, a lime colour. More birds and creatures were making noises and the path started to turn an orange colour. Dust flew off the path and into the air making it hard to see. A town came into view, first a long yellow building came into view, it had train tracks next to it meaning it was a station. "Could be something to rob?" I whisper next to John, "Stations don't really hold that much money, believe me we know." John says back. A bell was in the middle by the station with benches around, I found it cute for people could relax without being scared they would get their heads blow off any second. Shops were lined down the middle, people were talking to each other in a kind manor, dogs were barking happily and play fighting. It wasn't so bad.

"Maybe we could move down around here next, it's a nice little place but quite open." I say to John, "Wherever we camp we won't stay there long, only a temporary one until Lee all get back on our feet or Dutch comes up with one of his great plans again." John sarcastically says about Dutch making me chuckle, "Dutch, he's a great man but we did a job that went wrong a couple of months ago. It's changed us all, I've never seen Dutch so angry in all my years of knowing him. He killed an innocent girl, a bullet straight to his head without hesitation. There was no mercy in his eyes, only anger. That boat had a lot of money enough so we could finally be free but it all went to shit. People died and got injured and we Can't go back out west no more, those agents have been tailing us ever since and they're good at their job too." John can't help but keep talking, "I got shot in the shoulder, then half mauled to death by wolves, and Arthur says I'm lucky. Ever since that bitch Micah has turned up something in Dutch has changed, like something snapped inside of him. I've talked to people but no one else sees it, I'm not going crazy. He isn't like the old dutch I knew." John says sadly,

"Well, I'm sure you're not crazy but it sure shit sounds like you've all been through a rough time. Let's see what this town has to offer." I say hitching my horse and walking down the middle of the path.

This chapter was just for back story, trust me the next chapter will be wapow and I'm already working on it so don't think I'm gonna be another 10 years to post something.