Melyssa // Michael

Michael serenaded me, playing a song called, I don't know, if you don't know? I guess so. It's still a new song. Him. And Ashton.

And now, guess what we're doing? Taking in Ashton's Nutella. From under Ashton's wardrobe. And Michael said there's no one to blame but Ashton himself for keeping it unaware.

"Hey?" Michael said and looked at me. I smiled up to him, not knowing what to say.

"Nice. The Nutella."

"Yeah. And don't worry. He has like tons of them. And only shares them with Luke. And that's not fair." He laughed.

True, Luke and Calum are so much more closer than any of them others. While Ashton and Tanya stayed by each others side like, forever? And Michael was the only normal one. Not so normal if to say.

He says the word "nice butt" almost 5 times a minute. And the word "Let's fuck" like 2 times a second.

"You know, I like this. I mean, I like the way we talk to each other casually. Like, we've known each other since forever." He smiled, staring up towards the sky. Guitar still in his embrace.

"Yeah. I like it too. I mean like, you know, I haven't been in a relationship for so long, but this made me feel like I've already been through a great one. Like, in my dream." True though.

"Oh. You mean like love relationship?" He asked, eyes slowly close, breathing in the fresh air.

"Yeah. Like, really though. I'm just not sure of myself to be in a relationship. Yet." Insecurity. Yes. Get over yourself already Melyssa Clinton.

"Oh c'mon. You're like really pretty. It's such a waste if you feel that way." He said, turning towards me, saying, "I mean that in a good way."

"How does it feels like?" I paused, facing him before staring back towards the sky, just like he did before.

"What?" He asked.

"Well, love. How does love felt like? I'm sure you've been into one. A relationship." I answered.

He smiled, before chuckling looking down onto the floor.

"You know Demi Lovato?" He asked. I nodded, since I do know that perfect singer. "She has this song called Made In The USA, well, I love that song. Internally and physically. Because it's so beautiful, you know, the way she put those words together. I mean like, she even said-" he stopped, eyes wide.

I laughed.

"S-sorry, I'm babbling aren't I? I just love her and her songs. Really sorry. I was so into those things. And even bring it up to you li-"

"It's okay Michael. It's okay. Really." I giggled.

"Thanks. For listening. Anyway, about the whole "how does love feels like" question you gave me, it's like, all emotions in the whole world you will be feeling and get the whole zoo into your stomach. And that's just a scratch from the surface of it." He said, really focused onto every word he said.

I smiled. The way he explained the word love was so passionate. So intimate. So beautiful. He must've been in love with a pretty angel.

"What's her name?" I asked, smiling generally.

"Who?" He asked, confused.

"Your girlfriend. I swear that your eyes lit up when you talk about love. And basically her." I smiled widely. Lucky girl that angel was.

"Oh." He managed, before looking down onto his feet. "She, she kinda got into an accident. She lost her memory. More like amnesia. And she forgot me. More like everything. Even her family." Oh. I shouldn't asked him.

"Sorry. I - I didn't mean to ask. I didn't know. Sorry. I'm no-" he cut me off.

"It's okay. But we're still contacting each other. I was the reason she got into that accident." He frowned.

"No. I'm sure she'll forgive you. I'm very sure." I assured him, hand rubbing his back.

"No. Melyssa. You don't know. Just try to imagine if you were that girl. Will you forgive me? Ever? I should've stopped her from leaving. But I didn't. Being the dickhead I am, I yelled at her and said I'll be better without her. So she left. Running out with tears and me, being the dumb one finally woke up, when it's too late. Then, there she was, with Ashton holding her tightly, she just lay in his arms like a corpse. I was too late. It was too late." He cried out. I don't know if I could forgive him if I was the girl either.

"Michael, I-" he stopped me by turning around, back facing me.

"I can't talk about this. I-" he stopped. His sobs coming out of his lips. "I have no courage to admit I was her boyfriend. I have none. I can't. I just can't. I'm such a coward."

"Trust me, you're not a coward. You're afraid of her being angry and not forgiving you. Not coward." I said.

"Thanks. But I'm still not forgiving myself." He said.

"You know Michael, when I started to know you two days ago? I thought you had no weakness. No fears. Nothing you're afraid of. But now, it's clear there's one weakness you have. Her. Your ex. She's so lucky." I laughed.

"You know, sometimes, your own fear can be your own lover right? And sometimes you don't know if your lover was right there in front of you." He sighed. Is there anything he's trying to say?

-

// Michael's //

I sighed and gave her a smile. How can I drop her a clue that she could actually understand? Damn Michael.

The whole day was wasted by us sitting in the garage, all wide open. It makes me feel calm. With her, nothing felt like a rush. I could spend all of my life just talking to her.

"Hey guys. Had enough time dating?" Calum chuckled. A bit tone of his was drunk. The boys been in the bar we used to go a while back then.

I smiled, watching Calum holding Natasha, his neighbourhood friend, which is now his going to be girlfriend.

"Natasha." I smiled. She smiled back. Her wavy brown hair flies against the wind from the garage door.

"Hey Michael. Melyssa." She waved towards both of us. Melyssa shot her a confused look. Of course. She forgot everything.

"Oh, Melyssa, this is Natasha. My bestie." Calum introduced them.

"AKA HIS GIRL! BE A MAN AND TELL HER YOU NIBWIT!" Luke laughed. He's drunk. Calum must've bragged him to drink.

Calum chuckles nervously while Natasha was as red as a tomato. "Sorry." Calum said.

"Hi, Natasha." Melyssa smiled. Oh, how I wish I could see her smile all the time.

"Hey babe. So, wanna hang out? There's a bar at the end of the town." Natasha chuckled.

She chuckles all the time, that girl.

"Yeah. I'll be there in a bit." She said, facing me. I nodded, telling her I could drive her there.

"Cool! See ya later!" Natasha shouted and dragged Calum out of the garage.

There, stood Ashton and Tanya, both pushing each other into Ashton's door room -he wanted his room to be right beside of the garage- while trying to take each others clothes off. Great. Another "banging" night.

"Umm, so, they always-" Melyssa stopped talking and pointed her finger towards both of them.

"Basically, everytime they meet." I laughed. They both finally stopped and saw we were there.

"Sorry." Tanya said. Ashton just scoffed and laughed.

"You know Melyssa, you should really grow up and find a man. You're gonna die alone being a virgin forever if you keep on staying single." He's drunk too. He's like super irritating if he's drunk.

"Thanks." Melyssa said. A smile went to her lips, though a tear tried to escape her eye.

"Watch it Ash!" Tanya pushed his shoulders. Ashton scoffed again and pulled their selves to the room.

Melyssa stood up.

"Planning on getting drunk? Mikey?" She smiled. Oh, I sure am.