Are You Jealous?

"You're acting weird all of the sudden." Dex said, once the bathroom door was closed.

The boy had demanded during the winning round of the game that they go to the bathroom for a quick chat. And Keefe, being the idiot he was and having nothing else better do to, had agreed. And Dex had gotten both of their bodyguards to stand far enough away from the bathroom that they wouldn't hear anything that was said.

"What do you mean?" Keefe questioned. He had to admit, he was a little bit confused.

"I don't know." Dex sighed. "It's just - this whole period - ever since I started talking to Sionn - you've been weird. First you zone out while staring at the two of us hard enough to be hit in the face. Then you come back and act all different towards him. I mean, normally you're a dork with someone you've just met but when you were around him it was almost like you were treating it like it was a competition for something. Next you pull me into a way-longer-than-normal kiss in front of him and start trying to act all sexy or whatever you would've called that... Are you jealous or something?"

Keefe sighed. He'd been waiting for the question ever since Dex had told him they needed to talk, but he wasn't expecting it right out of the gate! Quite frankly, he wasn't expecting any of what had just been said right out of the gate, actually.

"I just don't trust him. That's all."

Dex bit his lip like he didn't quite believe him. His voice did become softer though. "Can I ask why?"

Keefe shrugged in defense. "Bad vibes? I dunno, dude. It just feels like he's... you know... looking at you like you're candy or something."

"So you are a bit jealous?"

Keefe's toe hit the tile. "No. I just don't like him."

Dex took a few steps forward, not stopping until he stood in front of the blond. He had to tilt his head up a bit thanks to the height difference between the two, though his eyes were still showing some sort of something Keefe couldn't quite place. Maybe he was trying to read him to figure out what to say next.

The two stood like that for a few moments, Dex's arms behind his back as he leaned in a tad while Keefe opted to keep his crossed across his chest. Perhaps he was being just a little dramatic.

He let out a sigh. "I'm sorry. You might be right. Maybe I am actually a little... envious. But I wouldn't like him either way. He gives off major creep factor."

"And that's all?" Dex pressed. This beauty was so nosy.

"That's all." Keefe reassured him.

Again, they fell silent. Keefe looked towards the ground, waiting for a lecture on how bad jealously was in this situation given the fact that they were still technically just friends... And that was probably all they'd ever be thanks to everything in this dumb elvin world. It was actually almost more humiliating than the fact that he'd just gotten hit in the face with a ball.

"He doesn't even stand a chance, you dork. He's not the one I like."

"Huh?" Keefe asked, caught off guard by the words.

"He's not the one I like." Dex repeated simply.

It took Keefe a moment to place everything together. "Do you wanna stage a breakup? I don't wanna get between you and... whoever it is. I mean my tears might actually be real at this point, but... If there's someone you like, shouldn't you go after them?"

Dex let out a groan of frustration. "How is it that you're even more oblivious than Sophie?"

"Maybe I'm just afraid of getting hurt." Keefe said, suddenly breathless as his eyes instinctively looked at Dex's lips.

Dex's cheeks dimpled with a smile. "Is there anything you'd like to say?"

"You first." Keefe challenged.

Unfolding his hands from behind him, Dex tied them around Keefe's neck. "I really like you, Keefe. We should go on a real date sometime."

"Wow," Keefe mumbled, taking a gentle hold of Dex's waist, "where'd all that confidence come from? Where's my blushing Technopath?"

"Am I really not blushing? My face feels really hot."

Keefe put their foreheads together with a laugh. "Because you are hot."

"Oh," Dex giggled as he leaned back, "that was terrible."

"But true." Keefe said sincerely. "And to be fair, you just asked me out in a bathroom."

"Well, you still haven't responded." Dex shrugged.

Keefe shook his head, closing his eyes as he leaned in more. "I think you already know the answer."

Took long enough for me to get here... oh, you think the fic is done? HA! Wrong.