Chapter 6

Third person's pov:

Taehyung received the message from Nia, after reaching his office building, that Jeongguk was out of the country for some personal meetings- which taehyung thought was very rude that he wasn't informed earlier- and he now can take a day off because literally, he didn't have anything much to do without his boss.

He was glad that he finally can take a day off completely in a whole month. But he was pissed too because only if his precious boss had informed him beforehand he would have slept peacefully in his cozy and warm bed.

When he reached back home he didn't feel like sleeping anymore. He knew Jimin and Jin must be at their work. But did he care? No.

He just texted Jimin and the latter briefly replied with a 'I'm at work hun. Talk to you later💋'. Taehyung snickered with his choice of words and wanted to reply as 'M'not yoongi?', and then spam him with memes and emojis just to annoy the omega, like he always does but took pity on the elder and didn't do it.

Instead he settled down on the couch and skipped through some Netflix series to find something good. He was half way through when he received a notification.

Jeon:
Mr. Kim, you're hopefully informed that I'm not there?
Just wanted to tell you, it doesn't mean you're free. I've emailed you a forum which I want you to review and report me about.

Taehyung blinked at the formal message.

'Asshat', he muttered under his breath and replied back.

Taehyung:
FYI Mr. Jeon I'm already back comfortably on my couch.
If you wanted a favor, should have informed before *nicely and before flying away..

Jeongguk sighed. He really shouldn't have expected a 'sure' or simple 'ok'.

Jeon:
You remember I'm the boss right?

Taehyung:
So what?

Jeongguk could practically hear the challenge in those two words. He stopped writing on the papers he was doing work and leaned back on his hotel's bed. Amused.

Jeon:
So? I can maybe fire you for not doing your job efficiently?

Taehyung suddenly wasn't feeling very bored now. He sat up straight and texted back. He subtly smiled which was more of a smirk.

Taehyung:
You're not that daring in my words of definition. But still, you can try, sir..

Jeongguk was sure by now that he has sir kink, ever since he became the CEO and got an assistant. Because literally?

Jeon:
There are hundreds of new assistants I can hire, Mr. Kim..

Taehyung:
There are hundreds of ceo-s too, Mr. Jeon..

Jeongguk looked at the message a little longer.

Jeon:
If only you weren't hyung's good friend and mate's best friend- and if I didn't despise meeting new people this much-

But whatever.. get your work done by tomorrow.

Where half of it was true, Jeongguk knew, he needed taehyung more than the elder needed this job. He was such a good and hard working assistant and kept him good company too. He'd never admit though.