Chapter 2

"Eniola!"

Someone was ushering my body to wake, my mind was conscious, but my body wasn't. I feel trapped somehow. This voice is calling out, but I can't seem to awaken from this deep slumber.

"Eniola.. You and Mel could die here, please wake up for her."

My eyes started to open, a small crack. A hint of crust rolling off my face and onto the cabin ground,

"Wyve?"

I speak faintly, slowly rolling my head over. He grasps my hand out of concern,

"Come on, get up."

Slowly, I rise from the ground. The sound of another missile crashing down into our village crushed me, the screams.. Oh, the screams of my people. Golden dirt covered all the roads, it was all over us. Humans couldn't possess anything with a golden aura.. Not like this.. Did one of our own betray us?

Wyve carried me and my sister out of the cabin, I still had Elzora's body in my mind. Instantly, a rush of adrenaline entered my body and I ran into her room. I took the basket and shoved as many herbs and her experimented potions as I could.

"Eniola?"

"Go."

"Eniola, what? I'm not leaving.. What are you doing?"

"Please, I'll catch up with you soon. I have to do something."

"E.."

"Go! Now!"

I scream at him. The fear, anger, anxiety, frustration, and sadness all coming out becoming one.

Wyve frightened, but hesitant just nodded and left. I think he knew at that moment that I was somehow back to myself. He left the cabin, leading some of the remaining Phragons out. Some looked at me and some didn't bother. They all left with Wyve.

I continue to look around Elzora's room grabbing potions until I realize something odd in the corner of her room, on the ground laid a picture of a baby. The baby.. Elzora can't have children? None of us can.

Phragons aren't allowed to have children, because humans restricted the amount of us to be made. We started out with 10 Phragons which led up to 1,000 more in 100 years. Phragons were allowed to produce then, but not anymore..

I grab the picture, smashing the frame on the wall, flipping the picture around. My heart dropped and my eyes began to water,

"Yule.."

I take the picture and grab the blanket that is laid next to it. I stuff it all into the basket. Slowly wiping the tears away, I smile. Elzora would've been a good mother, very good mother. She was a great instructor, but I have no time to waste.

I went to the back of the cabin, opening the door, I ran as fast as I could. Helicopters hovered over us, preparing their missiles and preparing to tear us apart to become weapons. Humans, oh, how they disgust me..

I'll kill them all if I have too. I swear on my life I will.

Nevaeh's POV:

"Ungh..."

Desperately, I roll over to my side, holding my back to give it some support. I slowly begin to rise by using the support of my knees. I start to ponder what had happened, but from the looks of it, I must've fell from the cliff and into that river.

I'm drenched. My body reeks of fish and seaweed. I noticed seaweed that got wrapped up in my hair. Lightly, I slip the seaweed out from the creases of my curls and chuck it to the dirt road.

"Goddamn it.."

I look side to side, confused.

"Where am I?"

My back aching, I continue to support it. For now, I can't put too much pressure, but I need to figure out where I'm at first. Especially, finding out where Deja is or if she fell with me.

"Another adventure.."