Chapter 12

Nevaeh's POV:

As I watched Alex, I noticed his expression change. He was just as shocked as I was— or even more. We were both confused, yet somewhat very clear on what was going on.

"Alex..?"

Alex dropped his hand from the glass, looking back at me. Alex looked exhausted from his power and robbed of his dignity. He's been loyal to the people who'd deceived him. Robbed of any trust he had in them.

"We should go before they noti— Eraz..."

I turned around to the surprise of the man who had let one of his men blind me. I wanted to gouge his eyes out and shove his body in one of these tubes. I expected nothing less from this, honestly.

The guard let Alex out willingly knowing the question he asked. Obviously, the rat was going to run back to his boss and report it.

Alex angrily confronted him, getting in his face, pointing at his mother's holographic description and encrypted body.

"What the hell is this? Explain yourself."

"Sit, boy. We knew at some point, you were going to have to find out."

"So, you were watching us?"

I come close to Alex, grabbing his wrist. I slightly tug it to pull him back,

We should've expected this. All the hallways that we passed by were empty and earlier, this same room was full of people.. Alex, please, calm down. I know you're angry.

Alex looked at me, nodding his head,

"Ooo, what's going on here Alex? You found yourself a cell mate? Aha."

General Eraz sat there with the cig in the corner of his lips, smirking.

"Anyway, let's explain why mommy Phragon is here! We preserved her body and have been using it to see if we can revive her. That's why we are using this yellow preservative fluid."

Eraz walked closer to the glass tube, knocking on it. He walked behind the tube, grabbing folders that had information on their plan with Ria. Emerging from behind the glass, he comes back to Alex. Jerking out his hand, gesturing him to take the papers.

"Read it, kid. You're not in trouble or anything."

Eraz spit out his cigarette, then crushed it with his boot. Throwing up a sign, he left the room. Leaving me and Alex completely clueless. Alex was just as tall as all the other Phragons, but Eraz was not intimidated by him.

"Alex.. let's go back to our cells."

He grabbed my wrist and dragged me out of the room,

"I'm sorry about your friend..."

"I..It's okay. You had nothing to do with it."

Alex suddenly became quiet, but I paid it no mind and just walked with him to the cells. When we got there, the collar was put back on him. He led me into my cage and closed the door and then went into his. The guards locked the doors and we both just sat in silence. I think we both were in great shock about the discoveries that were made.

"Navi."

I look over to him with my arms wrapped around my legs, resting my head on the cement walls,

"Yes?"

"I'm starting to think that maybe you were the one lying the whole time."

"Alex. What? So we're just going to flip the script, because you're being manipulated."