Chapter 3

3 HOURS LATER

Eniola's POV:

We have set up camp somewhere in the forest, where we are safe for now. There's not much hope in us finding out whether the humans will find us or not, but we must take care of the injured and rest until we can get further.

"Eniola."

Turning my head, I smile,

"Wyve.."

"Eniola, what did you see in Elzora's household? Did you obtain anything important or that could be of use to our people?"

Still in shock, I nod my head, digging in my back, grabbing the picture of baby Yule and handing it to him,

"I think this belongs to Yule..."

Wyve, a beautiful man, protector of our people, began to crumble right in front of me,

"I thought we couldn't have children. The humans have forbidden us to..."

I quietly scooch up to him and give him a warm hug,

"I know, but for our people, you must stay strong."

"I shall for Princess Mel."

I nod my head as he departs to drop off the picture to Yule.

Looking over to my older sister, I wonder what's keeping her from awaking from her slumber. I planted my fingers on her forehead, a golden spark, I tapped into her mind with my powers and tried to figure out what had happened.

Mel's POV:

15 HOURS AGO

"Princess Mel! How are you enjoying the welcoming party of our new guest?"

I immediately chuck to the side,

"Oh! Tyu! I'm grateful. I'm glad that the humans made us a new member of the family."

"Great! Please, let me escort you to your throne!"

He bowed his head, smiling at me with compassion in his eyes. Sometimes I wonder how the people see me... A princess or a child? I hadn't been notified of a new member made by the humans. I'm doing everything possible to stay contained for my people, but the humans have kept us in solitude for decades. I'm sick of being a human lab rat.

"Oh, you must be these people's princess?"

Relo jumps in excitement, this old tailor, all over this dark, mystery man. The man covered in black... How curious I am. Relo began greeting him in a manner they would greet me if it were a royal ceremony. I didn't want to answer, but I need to be presentable.

"Yes, I'm Princess Mel and I'm one of the royal Phragons who descended from Queen Ria, my great grandmother."

"I'm Alex. I was created by the humans not too long ago to explore the region and consider this my new home, they should've announced my arrival. Did they not?"

"No, I haven't been notified of a new member."

"You seem suspicious, princess."

"And what if I am?"

"I'll gracefully depart, Your Highness."

I couldn't stand the smell of this new arrivals aura anymore, so I began to walk away into my tent and my people began to gather around him once again. I'm suspicious. The humans didn't speak of this and normally, they would come into our home and announce such.

This man though, he couldn't be human... As I walked away, I looked back once more, just to notice his gaze was fixated on me with a slight smirk. His eyes were hit by the golden sun, his violet gaze, becoming sharper and sharper.

At this point, I felt like I was being chased so I ran into my tent. He did something to them.. He must've...

Things got louder outside and I tried to search through tents to find my sister. Everyone was cheering and singing for this new arrival when suddenly, it all stopped. I felt my heart drop.

"E..Eniola?"

My body was trembling and my heart was pounding. Something's off... I finally reach Eniola's tent,

"E.. Eniola? What... are you doing?"

I start to reach out to her, but she instantly turns around with a big smirk on her face. She came closer and closer, until she grabbed me in a chokehold, my throat completely confined. I could hear it.. no.. him. I could hear him chuckling.

"Princess, I think you noticed that something was off this whole time. So, I had to end things early."

I can't speak, but he got closer and closer until I could see a strand of his extravagant magenta hair.

You must be...

Suddenly, I got a punch to the stomach and me and Eniola slowly began to fade away. He kept beating us until his golden dust evacuated our solitude.

Eniola's POV:

Angh!

I hold my wrist and slowly gesture my hands to course all around my body. This collar on my wrist sends more than 100,000,000 volts in my body.

Wyve runs near me and holds my shoulders,

"Don't use your powers and rest for now..."

I cry, as if I was being electrocuted and tremble in his arms fighting the pain to give him a reassuring nod.

I know the truth now, Wyve...