Chapter 6

Nevaeh's POV:

After a few hours, I had rested and ate some frog legs with them. The disgusting part about it was how they ate it raw and when I asked for it to be grilled... They looked like they wanted to grill me. I'm awake now, but I don't know what to do... Interact or sit here on this tree stump?

"Sister! We didn't find a drone, but we did clean up the tracks of golden dust. Is the human awake?"

"She is, so, if we can't find the drone, then we'll have the drone find her by sending her out."

I jumped to command and shook my head,

"Wait... what? I-I don't even know what I'm up against. How do I know that I won't die? How do I know I will give you what you want?"

She looked at me, putting a finger up. Basically telling me,

Put a stick in it.

In like a creepy alien way, I didn't understand what they wanted, but I felt like it was better to not question them any further. Honestly, I'm terrified.

"Neva..eh, me and my people need you to figure out who did this. Find out the humans intentions and figure out what they're doing with one of us."

"But.. how am I going to do that? How am I going to bring back this information if these people are as bad as you make them seem?"

Eniola walked up to me, staring me down like a dog,

"You will bring back the information."

I stepped back, tripping on the tree stump,

"So, what? Now, I'm your lab rat? You guys don't even have a plan. You're doing this half ass while I'm risking my life to help you. My friend is possibly out here and for all we know, to each other, we're most likely dead. Don't disrespect me or I won't help you at all."

Eniola looked as if she wanted to kill me, raising her fist while I covered my face in desperation,

"STOP! Eniola, stop your nonsense right now. She is our only hope in actually having a chance to live freely."

Eniola ran to Mel, shoving her to ground,

"But sister, you're the strongest out of us all, you can take down the humans with your powers, but you're WEAK! You're trusting a human! Humans killed Elzora and... you— you're trusting one..."

I stepped forward, seeing if I could help Mel, but Mel shook her head,

"Look, Nevaeh, that's all I ask of you. I know that you will get out. You have too.

Please, just try. Trick them if you have too, but if you betray us, I'll find you."

"Oh, fuck it. You know what, if threatening me is the way you guys make deals with people then fine, because either way, you could've killed me the moment you saw me. You didn't. You ALL know that clearly I'm your only hope so, I'm going to leave and find this drone."

"Hey! Come back here! We're not done!"

"Shut the hell up! I'm leaving and you're going to take me home after this."

Irritated, I stomp my way out of the forest. I can't believe these alien looking pieces of shit think they can disrespect someone just because they're going through some shit.

"Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the log."

So, here I am, walking down this shitty dirt road, once again.

Finding humans now.. huh?