Chapter 9

Nevaeh's POV:

Deja, I hope you're not going through what I am going through right now. I hope you got to them, the Phragons. I know they're good, deep down, but right now, they're angry and they'll take it out on just about anyone. Behave please...

After being quarantined, I wore a white hospital dress with a metal collar around my ankles and handcuffs on my wrists. I still couldn't see, everything was hazy, I could only see the shadows of certains things when I got close enough to it. I'm in pain, but I'm not strong enough physically so I have to be mentally.

"General Eraz, here's the girl you asked us to bring to you."

Pushing me in, they chuckled and laughed,

"See ya' later, princess."

As I stood in what seemed to be an office, I just stood there looking at the hazy shadow in front of me. The man got up, walking towards me. He was huge, bigger than the one who violated my privacy and burned me.

"So, you say you fell off a cliff and into a river, 'ey?"

I nod, hesitantly,

"Do you know what time zone you're in?"

"No."

"It's 3004."

My eyes widen, but then I wince in pain. Covering my face, slightly bending down as the man rested his hand on my shoulder,

"Oh, so you must've come from a different time.. Sorry about my men, I can help fix that. I didn't ask them to—"

"Bull..shit. You ordered them to take me. I remember your voice and I don't trust you. Take me home."

"I did ask my men to take you, but again, how do we know if you won't attack us if we don't take precautions..? Come, I'll show you around. I'll take off the handcuffs."

"I want to go home."

"No, not until you give me what I want."

"And what do you want?"

"Truths."

Since, my vision was blurred, I followed his shadow since it was all I could follow. Everything else was like a shining white light.

"Here, darling. This is the lab room where we test out to see if we can produce superhuman abilities. We share power with a group of alien-like figures called the Phragons."

Share. What a joke. They're literally in the forest turning from you.

"What is a Phragon?"

"They're like Phoenix and Dragon hybrids who we discovered over several thousands of years ago."

"So, like you're saying that, in a way, you captured them?"

"Yes... actually."

"Do you have one right now?"

"That's none of your business, sweetheart. I can't trust you unless you trust me."

He then pointed to a glass window on the left, but I was struggling to see. It looked like someone was laid down on a table with several other people around them. They seemed to all be speaking, but I couldn't hear them.

I watched even though it was blurry and the man they called General continued to speak, but the sound of his voice faded into the back of my mind as something felt familiar.

Deja's POV:

"Okay, look. M-Miss Deja, you need to be calm and collected. We just need to extract some blood and then place a tracker in your brain to keep an eye on you. Okay..?"

"Navi! Navi! Oh my god, I thought you were dead! Help ME! PLEASE!"

I cried and cried, but each time, you didn't seem to hear or see me, but how come I can see you?

"Navi, please! Please, please don't leave me!"

Are you blind? Your eyes are roaming all around the room and you look like the light has been taken out of you.

He let you walk away from me, because I wouldn't give him what he wanted. These scientists had pushed their emergency alarm again. Metal bars covered my whole body in a row and I was encased like a mummy with the exception of my head sticking out.

"Navi! I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! He knows who you are and whatever act he's showing to you is fake! He knows that you are lying and he saw you and those things in the woods. He had cameras, he knows what you're doing! Please! No! You have to go! No! I love you. I'm so sorry! I couldn't leave this place and he tortured me to tell him more when I saw your face on that camera and said your name! Get your friends out of there!"

A shot of liquid rushed down my bloodstream, my head started to drop as I watched you walk away from the glass window.

"B-Be careful.. please..."