you really couldn't have made it one night?

Mariella cont.

I decided to see where his true opinions on the subject were. 

"Let me guess Charlie, you could be the one to do that?" 

"Maybe....." He paused, "Someday ......if you'd let me."

There was silence, then he spoke again. 

"I'd make sure nothing ever happened to you Mari. If you'd let me be that lucky. People can be so ingenuine and, this is cheesy. But i feel like ive never had to be anyone but myself around you."

"You're right." I said with a laugh, "That was cheesy." 

Theo

She looks lovely. More than lovely. 

You know how when you look at the sun and you squint but you know it beautiful. 

She wasnt like that. She was like the moon. 

Beautiful, and amazing and i couldnt stop staring at her. She was smiling and beside her Charlie wore a half smile/smirk. Though he was sweet a sweet guy he always seemed to look like he thought higher of himself than anyone else. 

"I would pay so much money to watch Charlie fall just so he'd stop smiling like that." Draco said in a hushed whisper.

I just stiffled a laugh. 

"She looks so different. But somehow still the same." I leaned over and whispered to Draco. 

"Yeah....but somehow its not just her looks that are different." I nodded, i understood. 

"Do you think we all look like that? Different in so many ways but also the same?" I nodded again. 

"I dont think any of us could stay the same after all of it. That wouldnt be....human." i whispered back to him before looking back at Mari and watching her smile softly and be lead away. 

~~~~

After the first dance i watched as Blaise attempted to escape but was trapped by multiple families trying to show him their daughters. 

This always happened. 

Parents brought their children here looking for a future inlaw and, if they were lucky, a retirement plan. 

Then i remembered something. 

"Draco." 

"Hm?" he turned around, glass of punch already in hand. 

"You have to be nice to the Weasley's." 

He stared at me blankely. 

"And anyone else that is here for Mari."

His eyebrows drew together. 

"Including Ron."

His eyes squinted. 

"And Potter." 

His nose scrunched. 

"Draco. Im serious."

"Okay, okay, okay." he finally agreed. "Im serious I'll be nice. Besides i want to put all of that stuff behind me. I'd be more worried about Pansy."

I rolled my eyes. Post war pansy was much different than Pre war pansy. 

I knew she had already talked to Ginny (though im not sure about the other Weasley's). Though they had kept that fact quiet. She had mended that fence about a month ago.