12

[3rd person POV]

Two years. Nearly two years had passed.

Isolated, felt Adrien. The only person he still ever talked to was Kagami, and Chloe. Chloe obviously not by choice. Were Kagami and Adrien a couple? It was hard to tell. I mean they felt like one, but it was never official. But Adrien couldn't help himself. He had been thinking of Marinette, a lot.

The girl who he brought up, and threw down. The one girl he shouldn't have done it to. The last time their eyes met was quite awkward. It was when he came over for the group project and ended up taking a small nap with her. Not exactly how he wanted things to end.

Two years had passed since he had seen her face, yet he remembered it so clearly. How old was he now? 16, about. That meant she was also around 15 or 16. He never thought he'd be banned from school forever. He thought by now, maybe he'd be back in school as normal. But school wasn't a priority anymore. He didn't even need to search for a job, he was already a successful model.

He always questioned himself. "Why do I think of her so much?" but it was something even he couldn't answer. He was always wondering what happened to her. Was she still bullied? Did she have a job? Was she still friends with Luka?

He knows he could go find her if he wanted to, but there's a slight problem. Fear. Fear can completely take over someone if it wanted. And so, each drop of fear prevented Adrien from going one step closer to finding his old friend. But what was has she really been up to these past two years?

It was his job to find out.

[Adriens POV]

It had been how long, and school is still out of the question. I do still though, remember her address. If I can manage to get out of the house, no doubt my next stop will be the Dupain-Cheng bakery.

Two years ago, I snuck out of my house.

I made way to the Dupain-Cheng bakery and slept with the deaf girl. I made a promise to myself that day, though. I promised I would never sneak out again. Why? Obvious reasons. But today, that didn't matter. Because today is a different day, and today, is when I find the girl that's been on my mind for the past months.

Hundreds of days it had been. But it did indeed, look different. I promised myself I would never sneak out again. But here I am, running around the streets of Paris in search for a deaf girl I knew two years ago.

But when I made way to the door, my heart began to pace again. I knew couldn't back out now. I was so close, and I did something I'd thought I would never do again. I snuck out. So there was absolutely NO backing out now. I took a couple deep breaths, before I convinced myself. I didn't care if I got caught again, and am given another punishment.

It's now or never.

So I placed my hand on the door, and pushed until I was able to let myself inside. And there she stood. Not Marinette, but her mother. Sabine. When the middle aged women looked up, she covered her mouth with her hands and stared at me in shock. "Adrien... It's really you! How long has it been...?" she slowly brought her hands back to her side. One hundred and four weeks, twenty four months. "It's been a while" was all I could say. "What brings you here?"