13

The room was silent for a few minutes. Finally, the doctor looked at Jacob and asked, "Do you have any questions?"

"I don't even know what the fuck to ask," Jacob sighed, "Does Troye know?"

"Not yet," the doctor frowned, "I wanted to talk to Shaun first."

"How far along is he?" Shaun asked.

"Around 7 weeks," the doctor answered.

"7 weeks?!" Jacob asked, "that's not possible, we've only been together for like 4."

The doctor chuckled, "Yes, that would make sense. Everything happens in a cycle when it comes to pregnancy so we would consider conception to occur about 3 weeks into a cycle so that would make sense to say he's 7 weeks. Though, you two sure did move rather fast, huh?"

Jacob's cheeks flushed red.

"Anyways," Shaun said not wanting to broach that topic, "maybe you should go now to inform Troye."

"Ok," the doctor said standing up, "I will be back."

"Thank you," Shaun said and the doctor left the room.

"You ok?" Shaun asked Jacob.

"No," Jacob sighed, "what are we going to do?"

"What do you mean?" Shaun asked.

"I'm so not ready to be a dad and Troye, Christ, he's nowhere close to being ready. He is 18! He's a child himself. Not to mention the fact that we ourselves don't even have an actual relationship yet. This is completely wrong and I don't think he can have this baby," Jacob lamented.

Shaun's eyes went wide, "Certainly you aren't implying termination, that's my grandchild, Jacob."

"Certainly you don't want your son to have to raise a child he isn't ready for," Jacob argued.

"While it isn't ideal, you certainly have the means to take care of my boy and his baby without question. I would hope you could man up to that," Shaun sighed, "maybe we need to talk to your dad."

"Fuck, he's going to be so pissed," Jacob sighed, "but, we don't need to talk to him about this just yet."

Shaun scoffed, "Jacob, can you get a grip? If you were ok with apparently having unprotected sex with my son, then you should be ok with managing this part of that as well."

"I literally haven't had sex with him since that one night," Jacob lamented.

"Well, that's all it takes," Shaun huffed.

Sooner than Jacob had expected, the doctor walked back into the room.

"Did you tell Troye?" Jacob asked.

The doctor nodded.

"And?" Jacob asked.

"He just asked for a few minutes to process it. He's mostly worried about what you two think. I told him I'd tell you, I didn't want him to feel badly about me telling you two first so let's keep that between us. He's actually being really mature about all of this, you and Laurelle raised him well, Shaun," the doctor explained.

Jacob sighed, "Do you think he wants to keep the baby?"

The doctor raised an eyebrow. "Well I asked him if he wanted a family and he said he did and that he didn't expect for it to happen this soon, but that these things happen for a reason."

Jacob bit his lip and nodded and Shaun smiled.

"Anyways, I have vitamins here for Troye to take everyday, he might not be eating all that well, and that's ok. He just needs to make sure he takes these. I also have him scheduled for his next appointment in about a month, by then we should be able to hear the baby's heartbeat. Any questions?"