23

Jacob and Troye decided a nice family outing would be fun and so once they were up and had breakfast and they headed out to the farmers' market not too far from the house. Jacob held Storme on one side  and placed his other arm around Troye's hip as they perused the different booths that were set up. It felt almost like the perfect day, shopping with his boyfriend and their son, until he heard a man call out, "Yo, Baby! Where've you been?"

Troye froze and slowly turned to see a man, probably in his late 30s approaching them. Jacob glared at the man and tightened his hold around Troye.

"What? Cat got your tongue? I said, where've you been, Baby? We miss you at the club. Even Auggie says he misses seeing your tight ass," the guy joked.

"Can you not talk like that in front of our son, please," Jacob said through clenched teeth.

"Who's this?" The man asked looking at Jacob.

"Troye's boyfriend," Jacob replied.

The man laughed, "Baby, since when did you get a boyfriend? You playin house or something? That's cute. For real though, when are you coming back? I heard you were sick or something but Auggie said you were under contract at least for another few months."

Troye's eyes went wide, "I...I quit."

"Bullshit, you can't just quit. A contract is a contract kid, or has that peroxide you use to bleach your hair gotten to your brain too much for you to understand that," the man chuckled obviously finding himself funny.

"Oh he has quit," Jacob said, "and if Brandon has a problem with it, he can contact me. Tell Auggie to shove his contract up his ass, he doesn't own Troye."

"And you are?" The man asked with a smirk, "aside from Baby's boyfriend that is?"

"Jacob Bixenman," Jacob replied.

"Oh shit, Baby I get it now. Moving on up in the world as a Sugar Baby huh? Get you a nice place to live, nice stuff to wear, and more dick than you can handle, that's real cute," the man answered.

Jacob handed Storme to Troye and stepped forward, "I told you not to talk like that in front of our child. You don't know anything about Troye and I and we don't need to explain our relationship to you. So why don't you get lost before I make you leave."

The man laughed, "Ya, ok, buddy. I'll tell Brandon to call you. Bye Baby, hope to see you soon." With that the man walked away.

Jacob looked at Troye in question. "That's Ron, head of security at the club," Troye said looking traumatized.

It didn't end there though. Jacob and Troye found a cute playground that they wanted to take Storme to and Storme squealed in excitement. But, as they approached it, Troye paused. "What's up, love?" Jacob asked.

Jacob looked up to see a man, playing with a small child alongside a woman, who appeared to be his wife, glaring at Troye.

"Do you know him?" Jacob asked.

"He umm frequently came to the club...," Troye answered.

"Well fuck him, he doesn't own the playground," Jacob said.

"I...can we maybe just go home?" Troye asked sounding defeated.

"Ya, ok," Jacob said and led Troye and Storme back towards their car.

Things only got worse for Troye at that point. It was like having to face that part of his past opened up gates that he wasn't ready to deal with. Once home, he retreated up to bed and laid there for the rest of the day. Jacob worried about him but decided it was best to give him space. That night, however, it became clear that Troye needed so much more.