21

Troye settled in nicely with Jacob and the two focused on enjoying life together as a family of three. They hung around the house watching movies, reading stories, building forts and cuddling. On the third night Jacob decided that Storme had to start sleeping in his own crib again and while Troye missed his baby in the evening, he had Jacob right next to him, comforting him and it just felt right. At least to Jacob it did. Part of him still feared that maybe this was all an act for Troye, that maybe Troye was just trying to appease him. But he pushed those thoughts aside as best as he could.

It was about a week later that he kissed his boys goodbye and went to spend the afternoon with Marc, Tommy, and Adam. It was then that he told his friends that he had been so busy because Troye had moved back in.

"That's fucking fantastic!" Tommy exclaimed.

"Ya I know," Jacob smiled.

"You're like seriously happy too, I can tell. Jacob, this is so great!" Marc added.

"When can we come see him?" Adam asked.

"Well maybe when we're done shopping," Jacob suggested. His eyes then lit up, "let's just also run by the supermarket on the way home and I can pick him up some flowers!"

So that is what they did, the four boys found themselves wandering the supermarket as the in-store florist prepared a bouquet. They chatted as they walked the aisles until something caught Jacob's eye and he stopped. His friends turned to look at him and Jacob sighed, "Would it seem too soon or presumptuous if I..." his hand hovered over a box of condoms.

"You mean you haven't...yet?" Adam smirked.

"No- not since that one time when he showed up to my house like 4 months ago right before the hearing," Jacob replied.

"What?!?" His three friends said in surprise.

"Oh," Jacob said realizing he never told them what happened, "he came over, said he'd do anything to keep Storme in his life. Somehow we ended up having sex and it felt so right and I was so sure it was a new beginning for us, but I woke up and he was gone. So I drove to his house with every intention of telling him how I felt, but I ended up seeing some messages on his phone basically saying he couldn't stand me and that he had sex with me because he didn't want to lose Storme. It made me feel like shit, so I took Storme, we went to court and I won custody."

"I'm surprised you've waited a week to have sex with him, now, considering how fast you both jumped into it before," Marc shrugged.

"Well...," Jacob sighed, "please don't repeat this, but the night I brought Troye home he nearly overdosed on pills and alcohol. Apparently he was also pregnant from our rendezvous like rather fucking pregnant considering that was like 4 months ago, but he was such a wreck over the last few months that he didn't realize it. Well, to be honest, he had intended on taking a morning after pill after we had sex, but I stole that from him too because I was so pissed."

"Are you saying he lost the baby?" Tommy said sadly.

Jacob nodded.

"Oh I'm so fucking sorry," Adam said pulling Jacob into a hug. Tears fell from Jacob's face. He had been so consumed in the joy of having Troye and Storme both at home with him that he hadn't really thought about the loss they had endured.

"They said it was a girl," Jacob sniffled out. "I haven't told Troye yet, but I arranged for a proper burial in my family's plot. I'm just not ready to have that conversation with him yet."

Marc looked at where Jacob's band was resting still on the box of condoms and he shook his head. "With all that said, I think it's too soon. Let's get the flowers and go."