Chapter 20

"How are you not freaking out?" Alpha Callahan asked me. I shrugged in response. Truthfully, I already knew what was going to happen. I have no idea how he'll react but, hopefully, it's civil. He's caused enough problems as it is.

Today was the alpha meeting. My first one since I'm officially an alpha now. Alpha Callahan is freaking out because these meetings are rare. The fact it was called right after I became an alpha seems to worry him. Frankly, I don't see why.

My mind wandered away from Alpha Callahan to someone else. The devil incarnate. Alpha Black. How will he react? Will he break his facade? No one knows how evil he truly is. But they will.

Though I had to mentally prepare myself for this. I haven't seen him since the last time he raped me. Could I really keep a blank face and steady heart when I see him again? Could I stop myself from having a panic attack? I have to. I have to stick to the plan. Not just for me but for his pack as well. All the innocent people he's hurt. Most importantly, for my daughter. I will not let him hurt her. He won't even get to look at her.

"How are you not nervous? What if the council called this meeting to see if any alphas will challenge you? They'll kill you!" Alpha Callahan nervously spoke. He really has so much faith in me. His anxiety was worse than yesterday. I found this rather odd. Was he really worried about me? No, he couldn't be. That would require him to care about me.

The fact he doesn't care about me still hurts. Especially when I think about it too much. Though, I try to stop myself from thinking about it. About him. He doesn't care about me. I've accepted that. There's nothing I can do now unless he tells me why he hates me.

His emotions are the definition of an oxymoron. Aren't they? He can't hate me if he doesn't care about me. You need to at least feel some way for someone in order to hate the, If you don't care about them, you wouldn't hate them. Because, well because you care. But these thoughts are quite ridiculous. Aren't they? I need to stop thinking like this. Stop fantasising things.

Alpha Callahan snapped his fingers in front of my face and called my name, bringing me back to reality. I let a shaky sigh. It's nearly time to face him. The devil. The man who haunted my dreams. Alpha Black. Can I really do this? Am I strong enough?

"Of course I'm nervous but not for the same reasons. They aren't going to kill me, Alpha Callahan," I informed him. No one would kill me. Not yet. I had too many things I needed to do. Death is just going to have to wait.

A few more minutes of my rambling thoughts and Alpha Callahan's foot-tapping passed. Suddenly, he stopped and his eyes were glazed over. This was it. It's time. The only thing I can do is face my problems head-on. "My father informed me all the alphas but we are waiting-" He stood up and motioned for me to follow him- "I must warn you Alpha Clark most likely will be fighting with Alpha Black. It's happened at every meeting for the past nineteen years."

At least someone else knows how much of a bastard he is. Of course, I kind of wish he didn't. Then he wouldn't have to deal with all the pain. However, everything happens for a reason. Getting kidnapped happened for a reason. If I didn't, then who would stand up against Alpha Black.

Yelling filled my ears the closer he got to my room. Alpha Clark was throwing accusations at Alpha Black. Even though Alpha Black didn't yell back, he did taunt the poor guy. Honestly, how can someone be so heartless?

Everyone's heads snapped towards Alpha Callahan and me as we opened the fort. Both Alpha Clark and Alpha Black's eyes grew wide as they noticed me. Though once the shock went away, both their faces morphed into very different emotions. Sadness, shock, relief. All emotions masked Alpha Clark's face. Lust, anger, possessiveness. All the emotions I saw on Alpha Black's face paired with a mischievous smile.