Chapter 17

As the cottage stopped, Yuuka knew she reached Kuran Residence. She didn't know what to do with the jumpy emotions she was experiencing. She just couldn't point out what she wanted to feel or what to do the moment she meets the Famous Kurans, whose fame rose drastically after they decided the law coexistence with humans.

As she stepped out of the cottage, she was greeted with the symbolic main door, and a butler with three maids waiting outside for them. They looked at her and bowed with recognition of guests. It was all prepared. The way they presented and butler bragged about Kuran's kindness.

"Well, well. How kindful are these Kurans. I think even humans in the form of Angel would fail to show true kindness." Mayuri remarks.

That made Yuuka realise she was in the present of not only butler and maids but her friend and two Kiryuu brothers. Why the hell none of them was talking until now? Well, Mayuri sure did show her honest remarks but what about those brothers. Why are they not even showing any sign of emotions even now?

It's because vampire hunters are in a vampire house as a guest!

As the minute passed, Yuuka's idiocy level of thoughts were increasing. No one could blame her as even if she was treated to act like a royal, the most important her family taught her was to show her true feelings as it has impact that she would ever know. But kindly, none of the teachings were helping. Everything in her head was a mess.

"Hello, Yuuka Sakamaki, Mayuri and Kiryuu brothers. Welcome to our house. I hope you will enjoy your time here." They were greeted by a powerful presence. Yuuka noticed how much emphasis she gave to her surname. Alarming! But she decided to ignore it and act like she noticed nothing.

"She is our mistress, Juri Kiryuu." Butler introduced.

"Enjoy our time? Sure." Ichiru whispered sarcastically. Even though it was almost impossible to hear but thanks to their vampire hearing ability, they noticed.

Now you talk! Good job making an impression in front of a pureblood vampire!

~

Kurans sure did have their own styles. They-

"So, Yuuka, how are studies going as far?" Yuuka smiled at Haruka, "Cross Academy is slightly different in culture in terms of courses in comparison to my previous school but their ways are sure interesting in terms of extra-curricular subjects especially."

Haruka smiled at her honest comment, "Misaki, serve Yuuka a cup of tea."

"Sure, master." Yuuka looked up to see a maid in her 20s in human form, but with deep observation, it can be assumed that she turned into a vampire a very long time ago. Her accent was proof.

"How many drops of blood, young lady?"

"Oh, I don't drink blood." Yuuka smiled, proudly making Mayuri give a triumph look and Ichiru to look at her. She looked at others, their faces were in shock. "No, no. No serious incident happened in my life. It's just like any human I get energy from eating human foods so why have unnecessary burdens."

Juri smiled, "So you never had the urge to drink blood?"

"No." Yuuka replied. Mayuri taking an opportunity, "Our Lord and Father of Yuuka, Karl Heinz, trained his sons and daughter the alternative way of living like humans and get energy from human foods. A way of truly coexisting with humans." And that hit like where it hurts the most as it was rumoured that when Juri was pregnant with her first child she went into a rampage sucking every human blood she found. Hence, to regain their reputation, they build up a school to do experiments of the project coexistence as a sign that war between humans and vampires can be avoided.

"So, basically, you never had drank blood in your life?" Kaname asked with curiosity, changing the aura within the room.

"No." That answer did it! The reason why Ichiru was unable to detach from Yuuka's blood and the reason why he found her blood pure was because it was her own blood, without any mixture of any other's blood. Yet, his stubbornness told him that she was simply lying to take attention from Kurans. Impress them for their own gains.

Misaki chuckled, "Pardon my inconvenient act. But, how many cubes of sugar should I give?"

"Two and a half." Yuuka answered cheekily, causing everyone around her to laugh, Zero to chuckle and Ichiru to continue to observe her, emotionlessly.

"Yuuka, should I give girls ourselves a time and walk around our garden?" Juri suggested. "Yes sure."

~

It was truly fascinating to see how beautifully their garden was decorated. However, it was nothing compared to the one Laito and she took care of.

"Yuuka, what do you think?" Juri asked. Yuuka made a gesture of how clueless she was, making Juri ask again, "What do you think of this garden?"

"Oh, it's beautiful." Juri smiled. "So, how does it feel away from home?"

Yuuka looked down, "Truth to be told, I miss dad and my brothers. They sure are one handful of pieces of work but without them, I feel a bit lonely. You know how protective they can be of me when it comes to boys." She chuckled. Juri looked at her with a sad smile and envy in her eyes.

"What about your mother?"

"Oh, Lady Juri, you are mistaken. It's mothers." She laughed at Juri's shocking face and decided to continue to enjoy a priceless expression. "Dad married three beautiful and wonderful women. They were exceptionally loving and strict. I miss them and will continue to."

They continued to talk like there were no past and no secrets. Those scars that were created were slowly dissolving away from Juri. she was pleased to know that she had a, no, she was continuing to live a wonderful life.

~

It was time for Yuuka and others to leave. Before she could step inside the cottage she heard the maid named Misaki, "Yuuka, you lived and I pray, shall continue to live a peaceful life with no pain."

It was blank. Her mind went blank. What was that? What was the feeling of devoid? It felt as if something was missing within her.

"Yuuka. Yuuka." she heard mayuri and looked at her with a blank look. "Are you okay?"

"Oh, yes." The cottage set to leave and she waved Kurans with a bye.

"Yuuka, it's only the beginning. I finally found you.It's time to be a good mother to you." Juri grinned, making Haruka look at her worriedly as her thought went noticed.

Vote = Support