CHAPTER 14

Yuuka open your eyes!

Open your eyes! You are still not prepared to face it.

Open your eyes!

Yuuka was trapped in her mind. Her soul was caged and was unable to move. She knew her name was Yuuka since the voice shouted with that name, trembling the barrier between her soul and her mind.

Open your eyes!

There, she hears it again. There was someone calling for her. However, it was not from the real world where her body was. It was from something undefined.

Yuuka open your eyes!

She hesitated at first but still she opened just to see light embracing her.

Fear not! The time has not arrived yet.

Before she could ask anything, the barrier was released and she was dozed off.

~

There was someone beside her. She could feel it as her left hand was warm while her right hand hurts. She felt her body lying on a warm, soft bed and her lower part of the body covered with blanket.

She could feel her surrounding and know the situations around her but unfortunately she couldn’t open her eyes and have a vision of it.

“Yuuka, sorry. Sorry for letting those monsters hurt you. I thought….” She heard Mayuri, sobbing. “But now I did the right thing. I am going to protect you now. I have informed Lord Heinz.”

That did it. That triggered something. Mayuri informed her dad. She was whining inside. Shouting and yelling in her mind to get up. She was exhausted and her body held no strength but yet for the first time she was praying.

I know…I know I have sinned a lot which begins with the belief of not believing in God. However, isn’t it normal for creatures to make such mistakes?

I just want to experience a life all my own without any help. I want to feel pain, live happy and die like humans do. If dad comes then there will be no experiences.

.....

If…if there’s any god or angel, please answer me with a miracle.

It was in no time that she was feeling warm. To be precise, her lips were feeling warm. She felt something being poured inside. Her cold body was being replaced with warm. Her thirst which was hidden inside her all along was being awakened.

And then she heard the voice, which she tried to hate but resulted in, letting her heart being stolen.

“Wake up, Slave! It’s time to open your eyes and get freed from rests.”

She opened her eyes to see Ichiru above her. His face perfectly positioned above her, eye-to-eye; his lips were covered with blood. With a smirk on his face, he licked his lips tracing every skin of his lips with his tongue, which in her eyes seemed erotic.

“My Slave!”

Yuuka with her all energy lifted herself slowly, placing her hand on his neck and kissed him.

It caught Ichiru off guard but due to mere situation, they started to kiss each other. Forgetting their surroundings, forgetting who they were, forgetting the fact that they were supposed to be enemies.

The second Ichiru hears her moan; he pushed her, making Yuuka fall on the bed. His eyes were widening, filled with rage. It was wrong, an absolute forbidden.

How could he lose control? Moreover, to a monster like her.

“Oh I see! That’s what you are with a beautiful and innocent face,” He trailed his fingers on her cheeks as he said. “who should be regarded as a ‘slut’?”

It crashed everything. It felt like someone has snatched something important from her. On the upper hand, the fact was true.

She didn’t know how it all happened. She didn’t know why it happened but she fell in love with Ichiru. She saw Ichiru all the time when she was in coma.

His rage, his teasings and his hatred towards vampire captured her heart unconditionally.

However, she was completely unaware about the rejection she was going to receive.

I think that’s what called love. Feeling lonely when your beloved is not there and feeling lifeless when he rejects you.

She didn’t notice she was crying until she felt her tears.

With no words spoken or muttered Ichiru left, not giving another glance at her.

“No wonder people say that forbidden fruit tastes better than any other.” She gives a sad smile to herself and to her heart as she slowly closes her eyes and falls asleep.