Day 1

Mom has been up all night cuddling me,she was afraid of me feeling lonely. I really,really,REALLY love her.
"Hi my love" she whispers to me stroking my cheek. "Did you sleep well?" I can tell by the dark circles around her eyes that she is super tired but her blue eyes are super duper sparkling like she has tears in them and she is smiling sweetly,all things considered she seems happy of being tired because of me.
"Can mom give you a kiss,darling?" She says kissing my tiny face all over the places,she is tickling me with her lips so I grab her hair and I try my best to smile "are you a happy sweet boy,aren't you?" She asks me.
I think it's weird all of this: my mom loving me this much even though we've been knowing each other just for the last 24 hours.
Did I mention that I get scared pretty easily? My problem is with loud sounds or sudden movements so the fact that my auntie Maggie comes into the room cheerfully announcing "WHERE IS MY SWEET NEPHEW?!" Is not helping at all...and I start crying. Mom holds me up "sssssh,don't be scared...mom is here" and I snuggle into her arms to get all the warmth I could possibly get.
"Aw....he is beautiful" Maggie whispers to mom "hey little guy...I'm your auntie" she says giving me her finger to hold. Okay,okay,I'm going to hold it because I know it will make you happy,auntie.
"Amelia...what have you done?" She emotionally asks mom "look how cozy he looks between your arms. You can't get enough of your amazing mama,uh?"
"Yeah...he is perfect,indeed" mom says looking into my eyes and smiling widely "he is my only joy on this round planet" she says kissing my temple "and...I can't get enough of him too"
"Where is Link?"
"He left this morning...he said he needed to tell his parents" mom says
"Do you think...." Maggie starts
"Maggie,listen...I want to focus on this baby now. He said things yesterday,pretty big things. And I said things too,so I think we are fine. Derek has his name so...I suppose we are family now".

I don't know how much time has passed,I just know that I spent a huge amount of time staring at my mom. She refuses to put me down because she says that in that little bassinet I would feel lonely and scared,she definitely has a point.
"Amelia?" I hear dad's voice softly calling her "is he awake?"
"Wide awake" mom whispers "come in"
She is not taking her eyes off of me though,it doesn't matter who is in the room.
"Hi Derek" dad says sweetly to me and I look at him curiously "did you have fun with mom?" And I smile causing my mom to smile even more
"Amelia...you look..." he says
"A mess?" She answers
"No,definitely not. You look...in love"
"I am" she smiles to him " the most I've ever been in my entire life and the most I look at him the most my heart bursts with love,pride and joy...I don't know how to explain this" she continues
"He is beautiful" dad says and mom passes me to him "hey little guy! Do you remember me?" He asks me but I'm too distracted because mom is kissing my head tenderly
"My love..." she says inhaling my perfume
"How are we going to do this?" He asks her
"What do you mean?"
"Do you want me around?" He asks
"Link,you are his dad and I want you around,forever because he deserves this. He needs two loving parents to adore him no matter what"
"And what about us?"
"I don't know...let's take it slow,Link. What I said yesterday is true,I'm in love with you. But this thing where you were unsure about us if he....you know" mom says sadly " I want us to be ready. We've been thrown into this adventure in five seconds"
"Amelia" he says giving me to her and putting his arms around us "all I need in this life is on this bed. You,him,us. This is all I need in my life and I don't want you to do this alone. I want to wake up in the middle of the night to help you. It's not fair that you have to be all alone in this. You don't want me into your bedroom? It's fine,I will sleep on the couch. I want to try to do my best to prove you that I love you,that I love our little family. I know what I said about that particular subject but...I was freaking out. I had time to process it and the conclusion I got is that you are the one I want next to me for the next 100 years...so,no...biology doesn't matter".

We've been home for two days and my mom was right: my nursery is adorable! Unicorns on the walls,light colors and warm lights. She did a good job and she definitely knows how to play this all mom-thing.
"Where is my sweet baby boy?" She asks me lifting me up- she is tired,a lot but she has never complained with anyone "dad has gone in town to get some food for mama so we can enjoy a little time alone" she says to me stroking my cheek "what do you think about him?" And I smile to her because I really like dad! They are currently not sleeping together but every time at night I wake up dad gives me a diaper change and then he brings me to mom to get food,to spare her the struggle to get out of the warmth of her bed.
"He is helping me...a lot,much more than what it could be appropriate. He loves you so much,Derek. And I love him even more after you came. It's probably seeing his overflowing love for you or I don't know...him this supportive. I honestly don't know but I know that I want him in our lives. I'm not sure about his feelings though,he seems so focused on you that he doesn't seem to think about it" while mom is saying this words,the door opens showing a smiling dad with a bunch of flowers in one hand and a small box in the other: kneeling down he says to mom  "Amelia Shepherd, since the day I've met you,I knew. I knew you were the one and now,you are here holding my child. Our child. The best part of us. I've seen you being strong,fearless and determined to protect him,no matter what. Now it's my turn to protect you,forever. I want to wake up every morning to your sleepy eyes and go to sleep to your smile. Will you marry me?"
Looking up at mom,I see her surprised expression and then she smiles so widely that the whole room brightens up "are you serious?" She asks him
"More than serious...see,the moment I saw him being born,the minute I saw what a mother's love can do...bringing life in this world,I thought that that was a miracle. And that was the miracle you were giving to me, you gave me the greatest gift on this round planet . You gifted me 9 months of your life to bring our human to the world. Now it's my turn to gift you my entire life. Please Amelia,marry me".
"I will marry you" she answers in the sweetest of the voices "come here" she whispers to him and they start kissing romantically "I love you" mom says holding me a little bit tighter to her chest.
I have my family. My mom is finally happy and she is loved,this is all I've ever wanted since I started my existence inside of her. She went through a lot to protect me and now,she deserves to be protected and live the life she has always imagined for herself.
While being held so close to my parents's bodies,I get a little sleepy,lulled by their warmth and their safety,knowing that anything bad can't ever happen to me if they are around.

Okay guys,this is the end of the adventure BUT if you want me to write an extra chapter exploring what happens in the next 18 years...let me know! I hope you will enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it! Love you,readers 💝