Chapter twenty two

Lila's pov

"Where do broken hearts go"? I walked into the apartment I'm sharing with my crazy best friend Brooke, the music blasting. I nodded my head actually liking her taste for once wondering who was singing this incredible song.

"Brooke"! I called out. I walked to her room peaking my head inside laughing while watching her dancing away while cleaning. I clapped my hands once the song had finished. She smiled and turned off the radio. "who was that singing"? I asked curiously.

"Uhh..." she started off. I gave her a strange look. "one direction" she whispered but I heard it anyways, my eyes widened and my heart ached a little. It's been almost two months since I've been back it hasn't been that easy people do recognize me.

"I'm sorry" she whispered. "It was on the radio, it's actually a really good song"

I smiled. "Before I knew who was singing it" she laughed and we both sat on her bed. "some preteen recognized me today, she was quiet about it to"

"What did she say"? Brooke asked curiously. I just looked at her. "sorry" she laughed.

"She said something about a song being written and how cute it was. Brooke I don't think they know I don't think anyone knows that Niall I were set up, he didn't say anything. They only think we broke up" my heart began racing I know Niall doesn't miss me.

"Lets stop thinking about all this and go watch ellen" Brooke spoke up after a couple minutes of silence. I smiled we stood up walking into the living room together.

"Who's guest staring today"? I asked curious. Ellen is my favourite show and has been since I was little.

"I'm not sure" she whispered. She turned the Chanel to ellen. Brooke and I both laughed when ellen come on dancing then took a seat.

"Hello everybody"! The crowd screamed her smiling. "Our guest today are one direction"! The crowd went wild, I dropped my phone and turned to Brooke.

"I didn't know Lila" she spoke up. "do you want me to turn it off"? I looked back at the tv watching ellen talk then looked at Brooke not knowing what to say. "Lila"?

"N-no" I stuttered. "I'll watch it because it's ellen" I nodded, I watched her smile beside me and we continued to watch of course one direction being the last to come on.

"Lets welcome one direction"! The screen behind ellen came up and the guys were standing there singing their new single where do broken hearts go. Of course I had my eye on Niall the whole time. I watched him sing his part becoming choked up at parts trying to sing. My heart melted for the man I hated.

Once they were finished singing they all took a seat on the couch next to ellen. "welcome back" she greeted them all with handshakes. She started smiling at them Niall looking down.

"Niall" she said. "I want to ask you a couple questions about the song. He looked up and nodded. "rumours have it you wrote that song about a girl you dated, is it true"? he took a breath and let it out.

"Uhh.." he started off. "I wrote that song around the same time it all happened" he stopped talking and looked at ellen again.

"Okay, I'll ask you something different. You were spotted with a girl named Lila Thompson for a while her tagging along on tour. You seemed really happy what happened"? Gosh ellen.

he gave his uncomfortable laugh looking like he was about to break down. I was still waiting for the same answer I want to know what he will say about all this.

"Uhh... Lila was just a friend, she had family issues which is why she went back home. There was nothing that went on between us, everyone turned it around and made it out to be what they wanted" my heart stopped. I knew he didn't love me.

"Alright that's enough" Brooke switched the tv off. "Don't think about anything that just happened on ellen" right then it clicked what that little girl said about the song.

"That song is written about me, isn't it"? I looked at Brooke she looked down trying to find the right words to say.

"I don't know exactly but it's a rumour going around that he wrote it for you" the question is why? He doesn't love me. "I don't understand it myself Lila, if I loved you as much he said he did I would have just said yes about everything"

"You heard him Brooke, I was just a friend it didn't mean anything. It's over now so lets forget about it" she nodded standing up.

"Lets bake" I smiled standing up making my way into the kitchen. Niall on my mind, I miss that bastard.

***********************************

A/n

Doing something different and adding these at the end, I really hoped you liked that chapter! I'm almost at 500 reads and that's pretty good for a book that I thought wasn't going to get any.

Comment, vote

Enjoy! :)

~ Menika