Meeting in secret

One fine day in the Eastern Sea Kingdom

Candy smiled as she opened the gift Prince Jungkook gave her, a swan feather necklace from the Persona Kingdom, dropped by one of the black swans of Lake Blood Sweat Tears.

Candy's father, the Eastern mermaid king sat on the throne deep in thought.

"Candy since your sister Sandy doesn't want to marry anyone, why don't you marry Prince Jungkook, I do see fine qualities in him." says her father.

"Oh I don't know, maybe." Candy says as she shrugged cheekily.

"And Y/N, I see Prince Felix and Prince Taeyong both have a fine interest in you, if I were you I'd choose Prince Felix because I heard Prince Taeyong already has a fiance from the Western Sea kingdom," he says as he glanced at Y/N who was opening her gifts too.

"It's so hard to choose, your majesty" replied Y/N looking down.

"Your heart will tell you one day." smiled Candy's father.

"Thank you, your majesty." bowed Y/N.

"Y/N how many times do we have to tell you to not address and approach us so formally!" says Candy's mother who at once went to lift Y/N up from her bowing position.

Y/N awkwardly got up and smiled at them.

"We will always love you like our own." smiled Candy's father.

Candy chuckled too, "Yeah, hey aren't we meeting them today?" she says as she glanced at Y/N.

"Oh yeah, hey mom, dad, we're gonna go above the surface to meet up with some friends." smiled Y/N as she glanced at Candy's parents hopefully.

"Alright, just be back before dark, unless there are fireworks to watch, don't forget to tell us all about it!" smiled Candy's mother.

Later

Y/N's Pov

One day Taeyong wanted to meet me again in secret. I agreed, it was same location as last time.

"My beautiful princess you are too pretty for the sea," says Taeyong as he stroked my hair.

"Thanks," I replied with a blush.

"I wish we can run away together," he sighs.

"You know you can't." I frowned at him.

"I know but I love you so much." he replies as he gave me a kiss.

"I love you too." I smiled.

"Listen if Irene finds you, then you have to run, leave this place." He says.

"Why my home?" I asked, looking up.

"Just run away from here, far away, go on land if you have to." He says gently.

"Hmm sounds like a plan but why are you telling me this now?" I asked him.

"Because Y/N, my wedding with Irene is tomorrow." He replies sadly.