The Past p2

The next couple of months had went by, surprisingly, everything was going fine. 'How is school, honey?' mom talked to me
'everything is fine, Kacchan and I plan to hand out at the pond tomorrow' I slowly reply back.
'who is Kacchan?'
'Bakugo'
Today was a Saturday, no school on Saturday. I was coloring with my Crayola crayons, coloring me and Kacchan together while we faught off a villain.

=|=+#+=|=

Seeing my son so calm and at peace makes me feel relieved, I'm so glad that he had made one decent friend. The truth is when I first dropped off my Izuku at the Preschool I was worried for him when I went to work. I know it isn't easy for him to interact with people who don't know sign language, usually others don't have the patience to write stuff with him. But I hope that this Bakugo kid is different... Actually, why does that sound familiar...?

=|=+#+=|=

'can I go by myself to the pond?' I ask my mom
'Izuku, you're only 4, of course not' my mom replied back
'how about you walk me to the pond?'
I see her smile and try to hold back er laugh
'fine, I'll walk you to the pond, but I'll be there at 3 to pick you up'
I look at the time, it was currently 12:47, meh, it was plenty of time. Mom had dropped me off at the pond like she said she would and I saw Kacchan waving at me. I hug and kiss my mom goodbye and run to Kacchan giving him a little wave. Kacchan was sitting on the dock with his fishing gear. I had my notebook with me and began to flip to an open page, there, Kacchan took one of my crayons and started to write.
"Was that your mom?" He scribbled down
"Yep"
"You still kiss her goodbye?"
"Yeah, I do, I love my mommy"
"It doesn't mean you have to kiss her"
I hesitate on what to write next, "does your mom not love you?"
"She does, but she doesn't show it" our conversation went blank. I was used to this, a conversation that had lead to no where. But I wondered what position Kacchan was in with this awkward silence.
He talked my shoulder and I looked up, I saw his mouth move and of course I could hear anything. I point to my ears and make an "X" sign. He seemed a little embarrassed that he had started to talk to me knowing that I was deaf. He quickly grabbed the orange crayon and wrote: "what is it like to be... Deaf?"
I slowly read the note and write back to him: "it's peaceful."
He nodded and continued to fish. I watched him fish until he had given up not wanting to fish anymore because he couldn't catch anything. He reached out his hand toward me and I grabbed it, making me stand up he grabbed my notebook and wrote: "do you wanna jump"
I look at the note and then back at him, I was ultimately confused as to what he was referring to. "Jump?" I wrote down. He pointed to the water, everything had now made sense. Kacchan then held my hand, "hold your breath" he wrote down and tossed the notebook to the side. Wait. Was this really happening? I didn't bring extra clothes! But for it was to late. Kacchan had jumped before me as I followed him in, I had made sure to hold my breath. I could feel the water eat my body whole, wet and cold became warm and comforting. I was squeezing onto Kacchan's hand. I felt a little poke on my cheek, I hesitantly open my eyes as to see that the water was blue. Everything was a brighter picture. The water made Kacchan's hair flow and his eyes sparkled as the sun shimmered through the water. Sooner than later Kacchan then swam up and we reached the surface where the air was. I've never done something so exciting in my life, I kinda wanted to do it again. I look over to Kacchan to see that he was laughing. He seemed so happy, He swam back to shore as I followed him. The sun had dried us off, and life was great. Once I knew my hands were dry enough I go to the dock and grab my notebook and write down: "we'll always be friends, wright?"
I look at Kacchan as he reads over the message that I had given to him. At first he was fine, then his eyes seemed to have some sort of concern. He scribbled down: "of course we're gonna be friends! Always!"
I smile as I take my notebook back nodding my head. Those were the good old days, those were the best days, I just wish that they had stayed like that... Forever.