III.

Beyoncé

Looking over the menu at Él Azteca, my stomach began to growl something crazy

Looking over the menu at Él Azteca, my stomach began to growl something crazy. I never ended up cooking something for myself like I told my daughter I was going to, so I was more than thankful when Blake called me for a lunch date; we've been at this place once before and I definitely remember their food being up to par with our taste buds.

"Are you ready to order?" The young waiter questioned.

"Not exactly, I'm still waiting on my guest. But for now, I'll take a mango margarita with sugar on the rim and a shot of Cuervo."

"Coming right away." She walked off and I finally spotted Blake in the distance.

"I swear people wouldn't think we were medical surgeons the way we look in public!" I said jokingly as she approached our table with a wide smile

"Hi beautiful!" Blake cooed. Her long arms wrapped around my body and we hugged for minute longer than usual, being that we've haven't seen each other as often as we're used to. "It's so good to finally see you and sit down, talk, drink .. do it all!" She added.

"I agree, love." We took our seats and the waiter came back with my drink along with tortilla chips and authentic salsa.

"Ooo, I'll have exactly what she's drinking." Blake requested, sending the waiter on her way.

"So how are you?? I know we haven't seen each other much the past few weeks but tell me what's going on!? What's new??" I questioned before snacking on the chips in front of us.

Blake let out a breath, "Gosh I wish I had exciting things to tell you! Ryan and I are good, the boys are, .. boys!" Laughter overcame us and I nodded my head in agreement. Her twin boys, Ethan and Eric, were only 4 and so full of love & energy; being their Auntie BB is a wonderful thing. "What about you, how's my baby Aaliyah?"

"She's good, just made the girl's varsity basketball team. I'm so proud of her.."

"Me too! She loves basketball so I am not surprised. She works so hard .."