XVII.

Beyoncé

The ability to reach this new level of peace was foreign to my chaotic mind

The ability to reach this new level of peace was foreign to my chaotic mind. I think that in my time of being alone I began to heal in the proper direction. I stuck to my word to make a better life for me and my baby girl, and I was also finally set free from the burden of marriage since Idris signed every paper right away with no hesitation. In his case also, he began to spend a bit of time each day with Aaliyah although she isn't so willing to let him back in.

Though I sadly didn't have my other half by my side, it was only best for me to let go and allot him the chance to recover. I had high hopes that by doing this we could basks in each other's love soon and decide to repair what was broken. There wasn't a day that went by in which I wanted to call, text, or go see his handsome self, but I think my reasons to not to were for my best interest to save my heart from further damage. At the end of the day, I still believe God had placed Jay in my circle for a reason, but I also understood that he had the power to revoke things in which we take for granted.

"Alright class, great session today. May you got forth and continue on your trail of peace!" My faithful yoga instructor preached. On my left, I heard Blake let out a sigh of relief. It was her original idea to get me to practice mindful meditation and I can say that I was already noticing a drastic difference in the way in which I processed my raging thoughts.

"Ready for brunch?" She asked. I smile lightly and nodded my head yes. We then rolled up our yoga mats and got settled in her brand new black & sleek Audi Q8.

"Oo I'm definitely getting myself this beauty.." I said to myself as I lightly grazed the spotless dashboard; it was time for me to upgrade myself anyway and a new car was the right move.

"Yes and you should even be starting the search for Aaliyah's first ride." She mentioned, always placing her niece first.

"I'm thinking about giving her the Jeep. It's still practically knew and I've been allowing her to practice in the drivers seat." I had till August to make my baby's 16th birthday worthwhile.

We continued to drive in comfortable silence till we approached our favorite brunch spot, Green Eggs Cafe. The hostess took down our names then we chose to sit and wait on their black oak bench.

"How have you been feeling?" Blake asked to break the ice. Thankfully through all the drama, she was my guiding light ; I couldn't ask for a better angel.

"I've been fine. It's crazy how much just be quiet and observant has given me some much peace during this time, but I know I still have ways to go and a heart to repair."

"What did I tell you about trying to heal his peace when it's not a priority for your life right now?" She scolded.

"And I understand that," I said with a sigh, "But I still feel like I owe him some sort of explanation. Jay had his own secrets too but still kept it one hundred with me. Only right that I do the same."