XXV.

The Blu Lounge - 6 months prior
Beyoncé

The Blu Lounge - 6 months prior Beyoncé

"Blake I don't know about this.." I sneered as I eyed myself in the massive mirror in her bedroom.

"Beyoncé, please! You look amazing and as if you were ready to get a man tonight!" She fought back.

"I guess but am I really looking for a new man? They're all shit anyway.."

"No sweetie, the one you married is shit. Besides, I need you to live a little! You've been stressed out all week about that major argument you and Idris had-"

"Because he cheated on me, or did we forget that part?" I interrupted, causing a Blake to roll her eyes.

"Regardless, we're going out, you're going to have fun, and we're going to drink and eat all that our bodies desire!" Her enthusiastic attitude rubbed off on me and I smiled for her trying to make my mood a tad bit better. This week was definitely the worst for me, and with the revelation of finding out about Idris infidelity pierced my heart. We were already on bad terms and I found myself pulling away from him physically and emotionally. Moreover, with Aaliyah in the mix, my current situation was 10x worse even though she was residing peacefully with my mom for the time being.

"You're doing it again," Blake warned. "Get out of your head and let's go! The night isn't getting any younger."

I blew a breath then grabbed my Fendi clutch before following Blake out the door. She decided to drive and we pulled up to the lounge in no time.

"Here, take a shot with me." She dared before pulling out a miniature bottle of tequila out of her purse.

"Blake Lively! Are you out of your mind?!" I exclaimed.

She shrugged her shoulders, "Maybe, but it's not time to worry about me. Drink."

She handed me the small bottle and I took a shot to head and clenched my lips as the tequila dropped down my throat. "My God.." I groaned. The warm feeling came soon after and once Blake took her own shot, we got out of the car and bypassed the hefty sized bouncer. Dim, blue lights surrounded us and music bounced off the walls. Blake and I stood close to each other to make our way to the bar then found two free seats dead in the middle.

"What can I get you lovely ladies tonight?" The bartender asked.

"2 Long Islands please! Make them strong." Blake replied, causing the bartender to oblige by the request.

"You're really trying to set me up here." I commented. Blake glanced my way and showcased her loving smile.

"I moreso want you to enjoy yourself. It's been awhile since I've seen you happy, B."