6

I hate to admit it but Ebony was right, that rest day was exactly what I had needed.

My powers had fully recharged- something they hadn't been able to do since I had become an empress. However, all good things must come to an end, and the next day arose quickly. I did get a call bright and early from Ralph though.

"MORNING!" He practically screamed down the phone
"So.. You wake me up with my ringtone, now you shout down my ears? Best friend of the year award much?" I mumbled "I thought you were suppose to be my communication specialist or whatever for citizens.. Go do your job..."
"Trust me B, there's no one to help at the minute. Plus I would go bully Went however he's working with the army. Especially due to the rumour that's going around the underworld at the minute."
A rumour?
"What rumour?" I replied, sitting up and stretching my arms out.
"Oh, people have been talking about how Lilith's coming back or whatever. Jeez, don't people remember we killed her?" He chuckled.
Shit. I forgot to tell him..
"About that..." I whispered "Lilith is back.. She came to my castle a couple days ago.. I didn't think to tell you."
"you WHAT?!" He shouted and almost immediately the phone line cut off.

"Fucking hell.." I groaned, and I guess that woke Ebony up since I had an arm slowly snaking it's way around my waist.
"What's the matter?"
"Ralph knows about Lilith..." I mumbled "He's not happy."
"Great.. I'm guessing he's coming over then?"
"Well he did slam the phone down.. So I'm guessi-"
Almost simultaneously our bedroom door almost comes off it's hinges- Ralph and a servant rushing through the door.
"I'm sorry My Empresses- I couldn't stop him from barging though."
I chuckled slightly "Its alright. He's quite PERSISTENT." I stared directly at Ralph, but he seemingly walked over to my bedside, grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the bed, and dragged me into my dressing room.
"RALPH I'M NAKED JESUS CHRIST."
"As if I haven't seen any of that before Black. Get dressed."
"Since when did you tell me what to do?"
"When you stopped telling me things." He folded his arms, giving me a stern stare.
"Ralph I'm sorry." I paused, grabbing a random black bralette, camouflage combat trousers and doc martin's and pulling them on. "I didn't want to worry you."
"You've made my worrying worse by not telling me and by letting me find out by rumours Black." He looked me straight in the eyes, keeping his stern expression. Staying silent, I walked closer to Ralph, pleading with my eyes, wanting him to forgive me so badly. He gave a long sigh and put his arms out "I can't deny that face. Never have been able to. Come on, give us a hug."
To which I did almost instantly, almost making him fall over.
"Thanks Ralph.. I don't know what I'd do without you."
"Die probably." He laughed, patting my head "So.. What are you going to do about Lilith?"
Ebony walked in the room "whatever she's gonna do, she's not letting her live. If she does I'll kill her myself."
"Damn since when did you become even more badass?"
"Since I became a half demon empress of the underworld?"
I chuckled "Not gonna lie Eb, I took so many beatings for your powers to become stable- it was worth it."
She walked over to me and Ralph, tugged me away and threw her arms around my neck, kissing me passionately but quickly.
"Guys- cut the soft core porn out please. I'm still here.." Ralph pleaded- to which I put my middle finger up at him and pulled Ebony closer to me, sniggering slightly.
"Okay Jesus Christ I'll go wait in the office, okay? I'll grab Coyote as well. You guys have 15 minutes to cut the sappy shit."
"Mhm." Ebony mumbled, also giving him the finger.
As soon as Ralph left the room, I parted from Ebony and levitated up to her height, staring directly into her eyes. "You can't keep your hands off me can you?"
"It's your fault! You shouldn't of gotten dragged out of bed naked, and chosen a bralette to walk around in all day! It got me going back then, and it still does now."
"Well, at least I know I'm hot then." Smirking, I quickly squeezed her butt, then walked to the door of the wardrobe "I'll see you in the office babe."
She shook her head giggling, "at that I will."