Why?

"So what your telling me is that you are quitting our organization?"

Pein stared at Itachi with a questioning look. Itachi slowly nodded looking troubled by something. Pein let out an agitated sigh and finally replied.

"Itachi you are one of the Akatsuki's greatest assets. Give me one good reason why I should even consider letting you leave this group!?"

Itachi new that he would have to explain himself. But the fact of the matter was, he really didnt want to. So... Itachi made up the most heartfelt story he could that didnt even remotly cover why he had to leave. Somehow Pein bought the false story. But... on one condition. He had to tell all of the orginization that he was leaving. Also he wasnt aloud to tell anyone what the Akatsuki is planning to anyone. He completely agreed to all of the terms and went to say goodbye to the others. Kakuzu didnt give two shits whether or not Itachi left or stayed. He didnt care about anything except money and Itachi was no exception. Sasori kept working on his puppet also not giving a shit. Deidara was glad that the stupid weasel was gone. Konan was too busy flirting with Pein. As usual. 'She really needs a new hobby.' Itachi thought and tried not to laugh. After all was said and done he took off his cloak his ring and got that stupid dark purple nail polish off while he was at it. 'I swear Pein is a drag queen at heart.' With that thought he left the hidden base with a wish that had a 7 percent chance of coming true.