Chapter 5: Backstabbers Ahoy!

I slept soundly, but I then heard a whistle, and I woke up with a jolt, and I saw Jo standing near my bunk, and she then said,  "Up and at em' goth girl! It's time to whip you into shape!" I groaned , then I took off my pajamas, and I put my boots on, and I followed her outside, and I saw Cameron trying to exercise, but failing, and I shrugged my shoulders and started exercising as well, I then saw everyone heading to the mess hall, and I followed them. When I got inside, I grabbed a metal tray, and I got in line to be served, and once I got to the front of the line, Chef dumped what looked like a organ tube, a chicken leg, three strips of bacon, mashed potatoes, and an apple. I then sat down and scoffed, and I then unhinged my jaw, and I shoved everything in my mouth, and I then wiped my mouth on my sleeve. Chris then said over the loudspeaker, "Attention, Campers, breakfast is cutting into precious time that you could spend getting injured. *Chuckles* grab your swimsuits and meet me at the dock. Pronto." Everyone groaned , while I just rolled my eyes, and Chris then said over the loudspeaker, "You have ten seconds to exit the mess hall before I release...the raccoon!" Anne Maria then said, "The raccoon?" Everyone but me laughed, but me, and since I know Chris, he's going to send another crazy mutant animal to attack us. So, I quickly ran out and to the cabin, and I grabbed my swimsuit out of my drawstring bag, which was just a pair of boys' swim the and a swim tube top, and I ran to the dock, and I saw Chris and the other contestants walking to the dock. Chris then said, "All right, to help us get today's competition underway, say hello to one of our classic competitors: Bridgette!" I saw a girl with a one-piece swimsuit on and her blonde hair in a ponytail, and both her and Dakota on a canoe, and the girl then said, "Let's get this over with. Remember, my contract said demonstration only." Chris responded, "Relax, no demo needed. Just chum the waters with our intern, Dakota. And try not to get eaten." Dakota then lifted up a bucket, with a green substance in it, and she then said, "Ew, what is this stuff?" Chris responded, "Leftovers. From last season." Dakota responded, holding the bucket away from her, spilling the green substance in the canoe and into the water, "Gross!" Fang then rose out of the water, and he took a large bite of the canoe, making her leap back in fear. Bridgette then said, "So not cool!" Chris then said, "Challenge part one: each team must get a pair of water skis in an underwater mission...or drown trying. One victim- I mean camper, will snag the skis in an old-school diving suit and float them to the surface while the rest of their team pumps then oxygen. First team to surface their skis wins and gets an advantage in part two." Chris then walked away, and Jo then said, holding up the diving helmet, "Listen up, Maggots. I'm diving." Anne Maria responded, "Hey, what are you saying? None of us can do it?" Jo then dropped the helmet on Cameron, and he fell to the ground, and then said, "Jo makes a solid point." Jo then said, "Listen to chicken legs, get busy pumping air, and don't make me use my whistle." Jo then noticed that her whistle wasn't on her, and she then said, "Alright, who took my whistle?" Soon, Jo and Brick were suited up, and met in the middle of the dock, and Chris showed up, and he then said, "Ready? Go!" Brick and Jo then jumped into the water, and Cameron then said, "Go Jo! Go Jo!" Anne Maria then said, "You better get those skis, girl!" I soon saw the air hose being pulled on from underwater, and I saw Zoey STANDING ON THE AIR HOSE. Is she crazy?! Anne Maria then said, "Hey! Get off the air hose, bozo!" She then shoved Zoey off, and the large blob of air went underwater, which probably means that Jo can breathe now. Zoey then tried to shove Anne Maria, and she then said, "Don't push! Yeesh, are you wearing orange paint?" She turned her hand around, revealing that she got Anne Maria's tan on her hand. Anne Maria responded, "Oh no, no. Nobody disrespects the tan!" I then said, "Oh come on - is this really the best time?!" Anne Maria then shoved Zoey backwards, and she grabbed Mike's shirt, making his shirt come off. Mike then inhaled, and he then said, "Ladies, why fight? There's enough candy for everyone. *Flexes* Candy being me." Anne Maria then hugged Vito, and she then said, "Yeah, Vito! Give me some sugar!" Zoey then gasped, and she then said, "I get the message." She then walked away, and I then turned my head completely around to face Anne Maria and Mike, and Anne Maria then said, "Oh, buzz off, weird girl! Now that I'm with Vito, you can't scare me!" I responded , "What did I say? If I ever saw you doing that again, I will make you suffer....you'd better sleep with one eye open..." My eyes then rolled into the back of my head, and my mouth cracked into a lifeless wide smile, but then my face quickly reverted to normal, and I saw Anne Maria looking at me in horror, and Mike showing a sheepish grin, and I took a deep breath and  I sat down, and I reached into my pocket for my locket, but it wasn't there! My head then turned to Anne Maria, and she turned to me, and a grating, nightmarish screech then came out of my mouth!