Chapter 10: Up, Up, and Away in My Pitiful Balloon

(Alison's P.O.V)

I was up in a tree, wearing my regular clothes, when I saw a shadow looming over. I decided to climb down and I headed to the other contestants, and I saw that Scott was STILL ALIVE. Why?! I swear, when this contest is over, I WILL put him in the grave early. I then saw a giant blimp fly over us! Scott then winked at me, and I rolled my eyes, and everyone but me gasped in awe, and Scott then said, "Heh, look at you wusses. It's just a stupid blimp!" The blimp then dropped its anchor on Scott's foot, and he then said, "Ow!" Cameron then said, walking up to the blimp, "Actually, I believe it's a zepplin, named after Calvertinand Con Zepplin who-" The blimp's walkway then landed on Cameron, crushing him, and Chris then walked out of the blimp and said, "You're both wrong. It's the McLean mobile air command center! Where I will recline in luxury while you take part in today's challenge: An areal obstacle course!" Lightning then said, "Lightning: Takin' to the skies! Sha-bam!" Lightning then punched Scott in the face, and I snickered, stifling my laughter. Chris then said, "Uh-huh. And here to demonstrate, put your hands together for Total Drama classic contender: Heather!" A teenage girl then walked out of the blimp, and she gave all of us an icy glare, and everyone but me gasped in shock, but I just gave her an icy glare right back. Heather then walked down, crushing Cameron, and she then approached us, and Zoey then said, "Wow, you're THE Heather?" Heather responded, "Sorry,  I have this policy of not talking to losers." Zoey responded, "Oh, I'm not a loser. You know, unless everyone else thinks I am." Zoey then chuckled sheepishly, and Chris then , "Heather will now demonstrate the areal challenge while wearing a jet pack." Chef then put a jet pack on Heather, and it then activated, making Heather fly through the obstacle course, and the jet pack then stopped working, and she started falling, and Chris then said, "Everyone, just be cool. There's a parachute built into it." Heather then crashed, and the parachute then came out at the last minute, covering Heather and her jet pack. Heather then groaned, and Chris then said, "Best challenge ever!" Zoey then said, poking Heather, "Uh, this challenge seems kinda unsafe." Chris responded, "No, it's totally unsafe! *chuckles* Did I mention  you'll also be attacked by flying mutant fire-breathing goats?" Cameron then said, "What?!" Zoey then said, "That's it! I'm out!" Chris responded, "Ok, but before you go, you should say goodbye to THIS!" Chris then pulled out a silver suitcase, and he opened it, revealing a HECK TON OF MONEY. Chris then said, "The ultimate Total Drama prize! One. Million. Dollars!" Some money then flew out, and Chris then said, "...Give or take." Zoey and I then ran up to the suitcase, and Zoey then said, "Money...removing all common sense and fear of danger..." I HAVE to win that money. Without it, I can't move away from my dad! Scott then said to Zoey, "Too bad you'll never win it." Zoey responded, shoving Scott away, "Just watch me!...If that's ok with you. *chuckles*" Chris then said, "Now, to perform  your areal feat, you'll each have to construct your very own flying machines!"

-Alison's confessional -

 "I honestly hope that I win, cause' for all I know, everyone else is gonna spend the money on fur coats and caviar. I'm gonna use it for moving away from my dad, and getting a new house to live in with my secret, enough food to last forever, nice clothes and stuff, and enough money to not have to worry about bills forever. If anyone of these dirt sandwiches thinks they can take the money from me, I will DESTROY THEM. But Cameron? I think I'll use his smarts to win, like an agreement. He seems nice, but he needs to agree to the agreement. If he helps me, I keep him alive and well in that body of his!"

We later arrived at a junkyard, and Chris then said, "Welcome to your one-stop shop for flying machine parts:The dump! Revolting and reasonably priced." Chris then picked up a trash bag while wearing yellow rubber gloves. Chris then said, "Each player will pick a card representing their mode of flight. Pick em' like your nose, losers!" Chris held out the bag and opened it, and I went after Zoey, we I pulled out a card, showing a picture of an autogyro. I then said, "An autogyro? Cool, I guess."I then lined up with everyone else, and I then tuned out what Chris was saying and what was going on, and then everyone ran around the dump. I then looked around the dump, and I then saw Cameron, and I then walked up to him and said, "Excuse me, but how do I make an autogyro?" Cameron responded, "Well, you'll need a engine-powered propeller, an unpowered rotor, and a -" Jo then snatched Cameron away, and she then said, "Get your own dweeb, goth girl!" I shrugged, and I then found an old 1920's automobile, and I tried it out, and it had loads of gas inside, cause' the motor still worked when I tried the gas! Even though I've never driven a car, I learned a lot from the squirrels! I then found a helicopter propeller and a jet engine, and I built my autogyro, using a strong role to the the propeller to the automobile's engine, and I nailed the propeller to the automobile, making sure it was secured in tight, and I then wired the jet engine to the automobile, and I nailed the engine to the automobile and I tightened it, and I then tested it, and it worked! I then heard a crash, and I then heard Chris say, "We have a winner! Cam finishes first and gets a smoke machine!" I then said, "What the ****?!"