↳ 04

Tanjiro journeys the forest, following the two children who he found

Tanjiro journeys the forest, following the two children who he found. Both of them were shaken, scared and crying quietly as they led Tanjiro to where the monster took their older brother. Zenitsu was also following him, also afraid and shaken as he clutches on Tanjiro's arm. Tanjiro adjusts the strap of Nezuko's box, feeling oddly scared yet angry at the demon he was about to face. Tanjiro lets out a sigh, walking calmly as he remembers the girl from the Final Selection and the letter he gave to Urokodaki-Sensei.

"Urokodaki-Sensei," Tanjiro calls the old slayer, who turns to him. If he didn't wear a tengu mask, Tanjiro was sure his eyebrow will be raised. "A girl from the Final Selection came to me and asked me to give you this." He says, pulling out the slightly crumpled letter. He hands it to Urokodaki, who smelled confused. "She said it came from her Master, Kanroji Mio."

At the name, Urokodaki freezes as surprise and confusion rolled off of him. Tanjiro tilted his head, his eyes confused. "When she mentioned that name, several other participants turned to us. Who exactly is Kanroji Mio?" Tanjiro asks Urokodaki curiously, petting Nezuko's head as she laid on his lap. Urokodaki was silent before he pockets the letter on the folds of his top and sat in front of him. "You know about the ranks in the Corps, right?" He asks in his gruff voice, making Tanjiro nod in agreement. "In the Demon Slayer Corps, there is a position called Hashira," He continues, crossing his arms. "The Hashira's are the Nine most powerful Slayers in the Demon Slayer Corps. Just like what their title suggests, the Hashira's are extremely powerful and they uphold the organization." He explains, the eyes of his Tengu mask seemingly boring itself in Tanjiro.

"There's the Mist Hashira, the youngest Hashira in history. He is younger than you and wields the Breath of the Mist. There's also the Wind Hashira, aggressive and most likely the one who will attempt to kill your sister," At this, Tanjiro flinches. "There's also the Insect Hashira, the fastest and also one of the deadliest. She also acts as the doctor of the Corps. There's the Sound Hashira who is known for being flamboyant," Urokodaki spoke, tilting his head. "There's the Flame Hashira who wields the Breath of the Flames. Then, the Water Hashira. You know him of the name of Tomioka Giyuu," At the mention of his saviour, Tanjiro's eyes lit up.

When he first met Tomioka Giyuu, Tanjiro was too busy grieving over his fallen family and trying to accept that his sister was now a demon. Later, he would reminisce about how powerful Giyuu smelt. He smelled like power and strength, no doubt a scent all Hashira's possessed.

"And then there's the second strongest, Himejina Gyomei. He is the Stone Hashira, and one of the longest Hashira to ever be crowned. There's also the Serpent Hashira, Iguro Obanai." Urokodaki takes a deep breath as he lays his palm flat on the wooden table.

"The strongest Hashira to ever come out of the Demon Slayer Corps is Kanroji Mio, the Moon Hashira. Kanroji Mio is extremely powerful and skilled, she is known to never have Tsugoku's before. No one could impress her because of her skill," Urokodaki pauses, laying the letter down.