↳ 10

It was another day for the young Kanroji Mio

She just got back from a tiring mission and was heading to the Master to give her report. Her muscles ached and her eyes hurt from the demon's blood art. She was tired, dirty, and she wanted - No, she needed sleep.

Mio walked down the gravelly path, nodding to the farmers who rose their hands to wave at her. Mio turned to a corner, only to stop at the sight of a young girl heaving up from the river. The young girl wore strange clothes; Her hair was as dark as the night sky that rolled down in waves, and her lashes were incredibly long. There was a black cloth with a metal plate on the middle tied around her forehead, with a strange insignia carved on it.

She wore a light purple turtleneck, with a bulky forest green flak jacket on top. She wore hakama pants with bandages tied around her ankles. There were two brown pouches on her back, alongside a long pouch strapped on her leg. She donned weird sandals alongside fingerless gloves.

Concerned yet suspicious, Mio drew near to the coughing girl. She clears her throat and opens her mouth to say something.

Her instincts flared.

Mio unsheathed her sword, knocking away three Kunai's. With wide eyes, Mio jumped away as the young girl dashed with unrivaled speed, her hands furiously moving quickly.

"Katon: Hōsenka no Jutsu!"

Mio curses at the sight of small yet numerous fireballs heading her way. She jumps away, dodging the fireballs that headed her way. Mist cleared and Mio came face to face with the young girl. Her eyes, previously onyx, was now blood red. The comma's moved lazily, as she glared at her. Mio was entranced at the blood red eyes, eyes stuck in it.

The same blood red eyes that will take everything away from her.

Mio rose her hands, panic in her features. "I-I mean no harm!" She exclaims, swallowing. The female narrowed her eyes, whipping out Kunai as she spun it threateningly. Her deft fingers moved across her hands, showing her blade skills. "Where am I?" She asks lowly, voice dark. "Y-You're in a village near Asakusa Tokyo! It's the Taishō era!" Mio responded nervously, watching as the young woman snarled.

"That fucker...!" She cursed underneath her voice, scowling. Mio gulps, nodding. "I-I'm Kanroji Mio! I'm fourteen years old!" She introduces herself, and she watches as the young girl paused. Mio feels a bead of sweat drip down her chin, but she couldn't take her eyes off of the girl. She screamed danger.

The girl's features softens and she lets out a soft sigh. Pocketing her kunai, she smiles.

"My name is Uchiha Chiasa. I'm sixteen years old."

Mio stood in front of the dusty and abandoned estate, her eyes scanning the exterior. Her slim hands gently touched the wooden gates, feeling the scratches of a sword against her hands. Mio stared at the wooden gates, remembering vividly how the gates used to have the Uchiha fan symbol painted on it.