↳ 18

Mio lets out a soft sigh, sheathing her sword

Mio lets out a soft sigh, sheathing her sword. Her lime green eyes were dark and lifeless as she gazed at the destruction around her, traces of dying demons fading into nothingness.

"A false lead." She comments to herself with a small frown on her face. She walks soundlessly, crouching in front of a withering demon. "Tell me where Kibutsuji's location is and i'll give you a painless death." Mio offers, staring down. The demon gurgles, black hair splayed out underneath her. Remains of a shattered shamisen laid a few feet away from the two, the strings cut in half and the wood work shattered.

Mio lets out a soft sigh, displeased at the refusal. Without warning, she grabs the hair of the demon roughly. "Don't say I didn't warn you then." She says plainly, dragging the demon with her hair. The demon writhes in her hold, cries escaping her lips as Mio's ability to inflict numerous pain on the demons with her Breath Technique amplified.

Mio yanks the double doors open, carrying the female demon. She points at the rising sun, her eyebrow raised. "One last chance, before I let you burn in the heat of the sun." She threatens softly, her eyes flashing dangerously.

The demon trembles under the suffocating presence, blood dripping on the floor. "...He changes...locations...Doesn't...Doesn't...Stay in...one...place..." She gurgles. Mio tilts her head, humming. "Does he have a specific place in mind, then?" She asks the demon. "...Finding...Blue Spider...Lily...Mountains...Gardens...Forests..." The demon gasps as Mio threw her in the clearing, the female unsheathing her sword. "Thank you for your cooperation," Mio pauses, a humorless smile forming on her lips.

"Nakime-San."

Muzan twitches as he feels another demon directly under his command be slain, his eyes narrowing. He clutches the glass he was holding, a low growl escaping his lips. "Every single demon is being slain. Even Nakime is gone." He growls. Swiftly, he turns to the kneeling demons whose head were bowed. "Nakime is slain. She is dead." Muzan curtly tells them, displeasure in his voice. "Eh~? Who even has the power to slay demon after demon in a night?" Upper Moon Two asks Muzan, rainbow eyes lit up with false confusion. "I can only think of one person." Upper Moon Three says in a low voice. "Oh? Do share your thoughts, Akaza." Muzan says, commanding and piercing.

"Over the years, I have gained information on the Corps, particularly, a certain slayer." Akaza speaks. "As all of us know, the Corps possesses people called the Hashira's. However, there is one slayer that caught my eye." Akaza raises his head, eyes clashing with Upper Moon One's.

"Her name is Kanroji Mio - the Moon Hashira of the Demon Slayer Corps. She is deemed as the strongest Hashira, and along with that," Akaza turns his gaze to Muzan, whose eyes were now slitted and angry.

"The Hashira who almost slayed our Lord, years ago." Akaza reveals. "...Kanroji Mio." Muzan states in a low voice. "That woman...She's been evading me for so long, ever since that faithful day. It seems like she figured out that her strength alone cannot beat me." Muzan chuckles darkly, red eyes gleaming in the darkness. "We must eliminate Kanroji Mio, but that woman is smart. She will not fall under our tricks." He hums, placing the glass of a liquid down. "My Lord, may I suggest something?" Upper Moon Five croaks. Muzan glances at him, eyebrow raised. "Kanroji Mio is indeed an intelligent woman and a powerful one at that. However, she has a weakness." Upper Moon Five states slowly. Muzan's eyes lit up with realization, and a blood curdling smirk forms on his lips. "Ah. I see where you're getting at." He chuckles.