↳ 13

Hanako stops besides Mio, who was staring at their opponent with indescribable eyes

Hanako stops besides Mio, who was staring at their opponent with indescribable eyes. "What is our plan of action, Shishou?" Hanako asks the older woman, her eyes trailed on Upper Moon One. Mio was silent for a moment, before she slowly unsheathed the legendary sword.

The reforged sword of the strongest swordsman in the Corps, Tsugikuni Yoriichi.

"Kokushibo is the strongest of the Upper Moons. It will not be easy to defeat him." Mio states, sliding into a stance. Hanako follows suit, her eyes whirring. "I'll fight him head on. Assist me, Hanako. You and I know each other's style." Mio commanded, shutting her eyes. Hanako watches her Mentor, before she moves her gaze to Upper Moon One who stood calmly. "Understood, Mio Shishuo." Hanako replies, breathing in and out.

A second passed, tense and silent, before both parties moved.

Mio and Upper Moon One's sword clashed, sending sparks. Hanako easily followed her mentor, swiping for his neck. Upper Moon One disengaged from the clash, opting to block Hanako's sword. Hanako lifted herself up the ground, getting out of Mio's way. "Tsuki no Kokyu," Mio states in a loud and clear voice. She slides into a stance, sword singing. "Ni no kata: Shuka no Rōgetsu!" Mio calls out, performing several slashes while sending a barrage of chaotic blades forward.

Upper Moon One slides into his own stance, his eyes glimmering, "Tsuki no Kokyu, Jūshi no kata: Kyōhen - Tenman Sengetsu." He announces, swinging his sword and creating a chaotic vortex of powerful omni-directional slashes that destroys whatever is caught up within its attack radius. Hanako flips in mid air, hands furiously weaving. "Hanako!" Mio calls the young girl, easily weaving around the moon layers. "I know!" Hanako responded, seemingly suspended in mid air. Her hands furiously wove, fire building up. There was no use hiding her true abilities; Everyone in this area already knew of her techniques.

"Katon: Gōenka!" Hanako bellows, kneading her chakra and converting it into fire. She creates numerous fireballs, which rained down on Upper Moon One. Hanako landed on the floor, slightly panting. Her instincts tingled and Hanako raised her sword in time for Upper Moon One's sword to clash with hers. "Wonderful," He says in his deep voice. "You are more powerful than the last Uchiha I fought." He continues, pressing against Hanako's sword. She clutches her sword, disengaging from him. Hanako leapt back, falling on the same breath pattern.

"Amaterasu no Kokyu, Shichi no Kata: Jigoku no Hi!" Hanako announces, a speck of black to untrained eyes. Black flames rose at her command, clashing with crescent moons that Upper Moon One produced. Hanako narrows her eyes as the demon stares at her. "You're brave but foolish for staring at my eyes." Hanako speaks lowly, her eyes whirring. "If you think I'm gonna let you be for hurting my precious people, then think again." Hanako continues, her eyes shining with malice.

Upper Moon One tilts his head. "That Kamado boy is your precious person?" He asks the girl as their blades met. Hanako doesn't respond, but she sends a scathing glare towards the demon. Mio leaps from behind her, effortlessly swiping whilst in mid air. The demon had to disengage lest his head gets cut off. Mio lands besides Hanako, her eyes dark. "This will be our plan, Hanako." Mio whispers, eyes trained on their opponent. "Both of us will fight him to overwhelm him. I'll give an opening and once you see it, you go for it." Mio continues, tightening her hold on her sword.