↳ 17

Mio was sipping tea in her engawa when she spots Tanjiro

Mio was sipping tea in her engawa when she spots Tanjiro. A fond smile slips on her lips when she sees an asleep Hanako in his arms, head on the crook of his neck. She was clutching his top, puffs of air escaping her lips. Mio notices how Hanako seemed so relaxed in Tanjiro's arms, how the younger girl seemed so peaceful.

"Did you guys have a nice talk?" Mio asks them softly, her eyes lingering on Hanako's asleep form. Tanjiro smiles, nodding. "I think I managed to convince her, Mio-San." Tanjiro whispers back, looking down on the asleep girl with fond eyes. Mio places her cup down, rising gracefully. "Come on. I'll lead you to her room." Mio beckons the red head, turning around swiftly. Their feet padded lightly on the Moon Estate's wooden floor, the sun setting behind their backs.

Mio stops in front of Hanako's door, opening it. The door creaked lightly as it was opened, and Mio steps inside. Hanako's room was fairly spacious, being the Tsugoku of the owner. Mio watches as Tanjiro walks to where her bed was, placing the young girl gently. Her lips quirked when Tanjiro had difficulty removing Hanako's fingers from his shirt, her eyes fond.

Tanjiro tucks her in with his hands gentle as ever, his smile soft and utterly in love that it made Mio feel sick. "Come on, Tanjiro." Mio softly says. "Let's leave her to sleep." Mio urges the red head to come, but she stops when Tanjiro removes his haori. "I noticed Hanako stirs awake when she gets separated from me...It took me a long time to carry her so I had her head rest on my shoulder." Tanjiro explains, draping his haori over her form. The two watched as Hanako unconsciously grabbed Tanjiro's haori and snuggled into it, her form relaxing.

Mio smiles gently at this, shaking her head. "She rests better when she smells you, I guess." Mio softly says, turning around. "Let's go, Tanjiro." Mio beckons and the redhead nodded. They leave Hanako's room, closing the door behind them. "Tomorrow will be the final part to your training. You'll be doing the Kunai Throws, right?" Mio questions the redhead who vigorously nodded. "The three of us have completed it! We can't wait to show Hanako!" He exclaims, bouncing on his feet. Mio smiles, ruffling his hair. "You can do it. Go rest now, Tanjiro. Tomorrow's a big day." She encourages. Tanjiro nods, smiling. "I'll see you then, Mio-San." He bids farewell, leaving for where his room was.

Mio was left at the hallway, staring at Tanjiro's fading form as he leaves. She turns around, looking at the moon that shone on her. "...I'll be there." She whispers ominously, her hand falling to the hilt of her sword. "A few more steps," She whispers. Her eyes flashes menacingly, her lips setting into a thin line.

"A few more steps until I can kill you, Kibutsuji Muzan."

Tanjiro woke up bright and early, his eyes turning brighter when he didn't spot his haori. He remembered last night's events, how he confronted Hanako and told her he will never give up on her. It pained him, seeing the surprise in Hanako's eyes. Just how many people gave up on her before he and Mio came?

Tanjiro exited his room when he was done cleaning himself up, heading for the kitchen of the Estate. He, Zenitsu, and Inosuke were now residing in the Moon Estate after the events in Natagumo Mountain and with Upper Moon One. The three were given their own rooms, along with Nezuko as well.