Chapter 9~ My First Hunt

“If we act like prey, they’ll act like predators”  ― Alyxandra Harvey, My Love Lies Bleeding

 My skin in contact with grass, i walked through the shoulder high bushes and as soon as i was alone and in the open. I ran. Running so fast felt amazing,...my speed....my beauty.....my new life...Jolon...was so much to take in now i only feel stronger. The sound of my feet pounding with the earth was the same beat as my heart. Fast, Loud and powerful. As i began to run faster and faster i felt that tingle in my scalp, a sharp stab in my back. I transformed. I began to slow down as Jolon caught up with me, once he was by my side, i rubbed my forehead against his chest, he shut his eyes then opened them and stared at me beautiful,..brown eyes a unique vivid colour, large, long eyelashes, his eyes alluring and sensual with a sense of mischief and mystery. I heard a voice. It's Jolon,...but how?, he isn't speaking.

"Isadora, your hearing my thoughts!, but how?....I'm alpha, i didn't let you yet, Maska!" He shouted in my head. I tried to make a sound think of something but nothing came out i was week in a part of me, but not anywhere else. I heard another voice.

"It's fine,..feed her then we'll talk once she's human" Maska this time, Jolon's father. He turned to me and indicated to a big thick prickly bush with his head. I walked ahead of him. Ok front left, back right, front right, back left. I repeated the mantra in my head. Silently gliding across the earth to get to the bush. 

"Isadora,....Look....it's a deer, stay low, stay silent" And i did as silent as a grave, as peaceful as the evening wave. "Now...feel that..." I looked directly at him, he stared at me his paws digging into the ground, his eyes soft and sympathetic. I rubbed against him, my mahogany tinted brown fur against his all brown, caramel fur. He relaxed instantly i stared into the eyes that you can tell are smiling by the heart. "Your so beautiful" He thought. I lowered my head. The deer looked away. That's my cue. I pranced out of the bush and i bolted out of the bush so fast, as i flee through the bushes one thorn got caught on me and cut my front left leg. I was out i kept going and going as fast as light, i kept racing, I lurched over a fallen tree trunk higher than me and caught her in my paws, my nails dug into her neck and i pinned her to the moss filled moist, damp floor. I helped myself to the flesh as i felt a surge of energy run through me. My voice?. I was too tired and full to finish off the rest of the dear, I walked towards a large, heavenly waterfall at the end of the forest. I can transform back here. I raced up to the top of the waterfall and looked down at the bubbling, rushing pool of sparkling water. I sat back on my back legs, pumped my energy to them and before i knew it i jumped right from the top and transformed on my way down. I heard Jolon's thoughts on my last few seconds of being a wolf for the day.

"She's at the waterfall i can feel her" His disembodied voice whispered and echoes through me.

Cold, i swam to the rear of the lake my eyes were like glasses, so clear and so bright everything was like high definition, i inhaled sharply as i reached the surface and took both my hands and moved the hair out of my face. Cold, breathless, refreshing, bubbling and roaring, uninterrupted, the splashing waters create a steady pattern of endless rhythm their waves glide across my naked body as i wash away the animal blood and the layer of sweat that coated my body. The waterfall paints a scene so perfect, the picture perfect image is a moment i have captured and cannot create many words to describe the scene. I shot my head back and washed my dark, luscious hair i felt it's heavy weight from the water it has absorbed sit on me from my scalp to the centre of my back. The feeling is exquisite, my body is weak yet i feel the water of the fall is washing it away, the loud crashing got louder like a heartbeat of the world. My pulse slowed down and relaxed, my eyes got stronger, my muscles relaxed, my voice is back. I breathed louder and deeper as the adrenaline took away my energy. I pulled the bag from the side and put on jean shorts a bra and a white vest over the top.