The nightmare

It was 3am and Ruby started moving Lev woke up to her pacing back and forth on the sofa "Ruby, Ruby!" He said trying to wake her up just then the baby monitor went off "Ruby!" He said louder her eyes opened quickly and she gasped for breath "I'm going to be sick" she said running to the bathroom downstairs. She knelt down and threw up in the toilet and Lev rubbed her back "she's crying" she said sitting up "I'll get her stay here" he said Lev walked upstairs and picked Harmony up and grabbing her bottle off of the side. He walked downstairs to Ruby standing over the sink sipping a glass of water. "Are you alright?" He asked she nodded he turned on the kitchen light and stood rubbing her back with his free hand "what happened?" He asked "I don't know" she cried "alright" he said "here, look" he smiled Ruby turned around and Harmony was babbling away Lev passed Harmony to her and she sat down in the chair with her. Lev passed her the glass of water "I can't drink it" she said shaking her head "why not?" He asked "you need to get something down" he said "it makes me want to vomit" she said he sat down with her "this is grief, grief causes this" he said she nodded "I know" she said "help me Ruby, help me help you" he said "can you put Harmony to bed please?" She asked he nodded "of course I can" he smiled picking her up after she had finished her bottle. He took her upstairs and lied her down giving her a dummy and then walked back down to Ruby again. He couldn't see her anywhere when he got downstairs "Ruby?" He questioned then he realised the back door was open slightly he opened it to Ruby sitting on the doorstep just staring into space watching the stars he walked into the living room and got the blanket and then walked back out to her "is this seat taken?" He asked pointing next to her she shook her head and he sat down wrapping the blanket around them both "I've got you, I promise" he said she rested her head on his shoulder and just kept watching the sky as tears fell down her face.