The explosion

The next day Ruby walked into work and Lev was already there. They got into the ambulance without a word spoken. "Listen Ruby" he said she looked at her hands "I can't be with you, I want us to go back to the way we were before any of this happened" he said Ruby nodded "I think that's for the best" she said he nodded "let's go" she smiled he nodded and started driving. "RTC" said Ruby "2 patients another crew hasn't been dispatched yet, but they will be, both are conscious one is still in the car" she said. They arrived on scene and Lev looked at Ruby "you get the one in the car I'll get the man" he said she nodded and walked over to the woman in the car, or what she thought was a woman turned out to be a 6 year old girl. "Hello sweetie my names Ruby what's your name?" She asked "Elena" she said painfully "alright Elena how old are you?" She asked "6" she cried "alright lovely, where's hurting?" She asked "my arm" she cried "okay, I'm just going to feel your neck and back and you tell me if it hurts alright?" She asked she nodded Ruby made her way down her back and there was no pain. It was then that she noticed the car on fire "Lev!" She shouted "Ruby get away the fire brigade are on their way!" He shouted "don't leave me" the little girl cried "I'm not going anywhere" said Ruby trying to undo her seatbelt "it's stuck" she said rummaging through her bag. She cut the seatbelt and picked Elena up as she went to run the car exploded and Ruby got sent flying with Elena in her arms. She was lying on the floor for a moment when she opened her eyes and saw Lev "Ruby, Ruby!" He said repeatedly "I can hear you" she said Lev picked Elena up and placed her on the floor "are you alright sweetie?" He asked she nodded crying. The other crew turned up and took Elena and her dad lev turned his attention to Ruby "I'm fine" she said sitting up slowly "I'm fine" she repeated taking a deep breath he nodded "you don't look fine" he said she sighed and then held her side "let's get you checked over, we're hurts?" He asked "it's nothing just a bruised rib or two and a swollen ankle" she said trying to stand up she wobbled and Lev grabbed her arm "maybe a bruised swollen ankle" she said Lev smiled sympathetically "come on, can you walk on it?" He asked she nodded and walked over to the ambulance with Lev. They climbed in and he drove back to the hospital. He walked in with Ruby and took her through to minors Will saw her. "I'll take her come on" he said Ruby followed Will and he helped her onto the bed "I'll wait for you in the ambulance station" said Lev she nodded and smiled as he walked off. "What happened here?" He asked "a car exploded" she said Will smiled "you guys get way more action than us" he smiled she smiled as he lifted her legs onto the bed "let's have these boots off" he said "careful" she said as he held her boot "this ankle?" He asked she nodded he took her boot off and had a look at her ankle "I'm going to send you for an X-ray. I don't think it's anything too serious otherwise you wouldn't be walking but it's very swollen" he said she nodded "Robyn could you book me an X-ray for Ruby please?" He asked she nodded and walked off "what else have we injured, your face looks sore" he said "my face?" She asked "yeah you've scraped it" he said sitting on the bed with her "I'll live won't I?" She smiled he nodded "I hope so" he smiled she smiled back and he cleaned her face up. "Lev said you hurt your ribs?" He asked she nodded "just bruised" she said he nodded "can I have a look?" He asked she nodded she took off her green T-shirt leaving her in a white one and he lifted it up slowly "a bit of bruising and a couple scrapes" he smiled he put his stethoscope to her ribs "breathe in" he said she did as he said "and out" he said she breathed out causing brief pain "you can have an X-ray on them when you go in, May as well have a full MOT" he laughed Ruby smiled and they called her for X-ray.