Work

Ruby walked into work and Jan was waiting for her "sorry I'm late" she said getting changed "it's alright lovely, you know you really don't have to be at work" she said "I want to be" she said jan nodded "Jan am I doing the right thing?" Asked Ruby halfway through their shift "with Harmony keeping her?" She said Jan nodded "your doing what your heart is telling you and that's all that matters" she said Ruby nodded "Levs looking after her today, the babysitter cancelled" she said Jan nodded "Levs helped you a lot hasn't he?" Asked Jan "I wish I could say I did it all on my own but I can't" she cried "I know, nobody expects you too, Lev wants to help you, I want to help you" she said "can I tell you something that has to stay between us" she said Jan nodded "I woke up with him this morning" she said "with Lev?" Asked Jan Ruby nodded "can um, can we stop at the pharmacy on our way back please?" Asked Ruby "of course for what?" She asked "a um, a morning after pill" she said Jan lent over and hugged her "this has turned my life upside down Jan this isn't what I'm supposed to be like" she cried Jan nodded "I know lovely I know" she said. "What's happening to me I just woke up with a married man" she cried "this will get better it's just thrown you off the rails a bit" she said "it doesn't feel like it's going to get better" she said Jan just rubbed her back "come on let's go and sort you out now we will take our lunch" she said Ruby sat back and wiped her eyes "it's alright let's just carry on" she said "I'm not taking you to someone like that, plus the chance of that pill working drastically reduces after 12 hours" she said Ruby nodded "I know you adore Harmony but you don't want to pop one out yet do you?" Jan smiled she let out half a smile "not yet" she smiled. Jan started driving and minutes later turned up at the pharmacy Ruby got out and looked at Jan "this is going to sound stupid but..." she started Jan got out and walked around to her "yes I'll come with you" she smiled holding her close as they walked in. They walked into the pharmacy and Ruby just stopped she looked around her and Jan reached for her hand "I'm a horrible person" she said tears in her eyes. "Your not a horrible person" said Jan "I just slept with a married man" she said quietly "what was he doing at your house anyway?" She asked "Faith had an affair with Dylan, he doesn't have anywhere to go" she said "so they have split up?" She asked "I guess so" she said "then you didn't cheat, no affair was going on it doesn't matter if their married" she said "Faith tried to apologise for what she did, but in reality all 4 of us are just as bad" she almost cried "this isn't a one sided thing now ruby maybe both sides can forgive and forget" she said "I hope so" she said tears in her eyes. They walked over to the counter and Jan spoke up when she realised Ruby wasn't even looking "can we have a emergency contraceptive pill please?" Said Jan the lady smiled "of course you can" she smiled "take a seat and I'll go and fetch one" she smiled Jan held Ruby's hand and sat down with her. "It's going to be alright" she said "is it?" She asked Jan nodded. The lady walked out and passed Jan a bag "it's in there" she smiled "side affects and information is also in there" she smiled "thank you" said Jan standing up "come on Rubes" she smiled she stood up "thank you" she said following Jan out. They drove back to the ambulance station and sat down on the sofa "go on" smiled Jan passing her the bag "thank you" she said standing up and getting a glass of water. She took the tablet and sat back down on the sofa "alright?" Asked Jan she nodded and lent on her shoulder as Jan put her arm around her "it's going to get better" she said "that's what Lev said" she said closing her eyes Jan just rubbed her shoulder she really did feel for the girl.