Bedtime

"I'm sorry about what Faith did to you" said Ruby just staring still "don't you worry about that, I'm more concerned about you" he said "don't be, I'll be alright, it's just going to take me time" she said he nodded and held her close "your kids need you Lev" she said he nodded "they'll be fine for one night Faith isn't at work" he said she nodded "come on let's get you to bed" he said she stood up slowly and so did he. "Can we just watch a film?" She asked he nodded "if that's what you want to do" he said she nodded "you can pick" she said as they sat down on the sofa. He turned on grownups. She sat back on the sofa and Lev smiled at her "get some rest" he said pulling the blanket over her. She lied her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes. Sometimes all you need is a friend. An hour later Ruby jumped and woke up to her and Lev almost spooning on the sofa Lev felt her move and opened his eyes "are you alright?" He asked sitting up she nodded "is harmony alright?" He asked she nodded "she's fine" he smiled "she hasn't cried" she said panicking "come on we can go and check on her if you like" he said she shook her head "it's only been an hour she sleeps through most of the night now she wakes up at about 2 usually" she said he nodded. "Your safe" he said putting his hand on her knee she nodded "I know" she said putting hers on top of his. She looked at him and smiled slightly and he lent forward and kissed her. "Lev, no" she said pulling away after realising what had happened. "I'm so so sorry Ruby" he said "it's fine" she said sitting back again she wasn't in the mood to argue or to walk away. Lev sat back too and Ruby looked at him "thank you" she said "for what?" He asked "for just being here, I know your worried about me but really I will be alright" she said he nodded "I know" he smiled "I lost my sister when I was 21" he said "she was 27" he added Ruby didn't know what to say "Lev I'm so sorry" she said "no, no you have nothing to be sorry for" he said "but that's how I know you will be alright, I am" he said she nodded and held out her arms and he hugged her "I've enjoyed your company even if it hasn't seemed that way" she said, her voice muffled pressed against his chest, he smiled "I've enjoyed being here" he smiled she smiled and they drifted back off to sleep together.